FIXED WDF750SAYM3 Does clearing error codes fix the problem?

Felix Delaroux

Premium Member
Model
WDF750SAYM3
Brand
Whirlpool
Here’s a question for the experts.

As I posted not too long ago, I replaced the circulation pump assembly on my dishwasher, and it seemed to fix the problems I had noted. Either I failed to notice another problem or a new one cropped up: no heat. Greasy items not getting clean, clean items left very wet, even when set to heated dry.

In resolving my pump proble, I read about and ran the diagnostic cycle (1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3), but didn’t see any error codes, probably because I didn’t know when to look for them.

It wasn’t until I read through https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/64746-WDF750SAYM3-Dishwasher-Not-Getting-Hot that I realized exactly when to look for error codes (by the way, great description by Rick!).

This time I watched carefully and saw the 7-1 code, indicating heating element not working. Cool, confirmed what I suspected. It also threw a 6-6, indicating too cold water. I then cleared the codes in step 20 and the machine ran a full wash cycle.

Upon opening the door when complete, I noted lots of steam. A follow-up test with dirty dishes confirms an apparently functioning heating element. Did clearing the error codes cure a software problem or something?

Cheers!
Felix

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Running the diagnostics resets everything. You might have an intermittent problem or a glitch in the control. Run the diagnostics again and see if the error codes returned.

Felix Delaroux

Premium Member
Just ran the diagnostic and no error codes. My takeaway is that this may be a failure point again in the future. Thanks to this forum, I know what to do!

Cheers!