• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)
  • Important Announcement

It's with sad news to announce that our site owner, Jake, has passed away. You can read the details here.

WDF750SAYW3 Whirlpool dishwasher stops midcycle

thiele620

Model Number
WDF750SAY
My dishwasher stops washing right after the soap dispenser opens. I am trying to figure out what part needs to be fixed. I have turned the power off to it several times (circuit breaker) and it doesn't help. Dishwasher starts fine, I can hear it fill and spray the dishes. Then it gets quite, the soap dispense pops open then silence. Front of machine looks like it is running (nothing is blinking). Eventually it the light goes from washing to drying to clean. I open it up, dishes are dirty and soap packet is either on the bottom or in the silverware holder. Thanks

Hi,

Yes, there should be a tech. data sheet behind the bottom access panel, run a diagnostics cycle mode and let us know what you find.

If you get error code 6 4 then its a fill switch/float problem.

When you move the float switch up and down you should hear a clicking sound, also remove the float and look underneath it for something jammed/stuck underneath it, that will also cause this error code.

Here's the float switch for your model you can order if needed:
Float Switch WPW10195039

Watch this video to access it:

Jake

Users who are viewing this thread

Support Our Site

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation, please consider making a donation.

Back