WDF750SAYW3 Whirlpool Gold Series wont wash dishes.

techbits00

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF750SAYW3
Brand
Whirlpool
My dishwasher is not washing dishes when started. Once you start the cycle it remains silent for a long time (10 mins) and then skips past the washing state to heating state. I have tried to run it without heating as well and it wont work. I had same problem a few months ago but a power cycle fixed the problem and since then i have had this problem intermittently but then will go away automatically without doing anything.

I ran the diagnostic cycle on it and the error code seems to be 9-1 and 10-1 - Anyone knows how to translate these error codes? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Added model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, That's not the model number.

The model number tag is located inside the door on the tub frame, it will start with WDT or WDF or GU.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

It's likely you have a bad wash motor. I had two of these same bad wash motors last Sept. in Parker, AZ. and the new wash motor fixed them both.

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 is made by Whirlpool and it uses the exact same wash motor yours does.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.

Here is the wash motor assembly you can order:
Pump and motor assembly W11032770

--->On your model it's actually less expensive to get the complete wash motor sump assembly, than the wash motor alone.:)

Here it is for your model you can order:
Pump and Motor Assembly WPW10605057

Let us know what you find.

Jake