• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WDF760SADM Whirlpool dishwasher Not Draining

Jamie Kessler

Model Number
WDF760SADM
Brand
Whirlpool
I need some expert opinions, and by expert, i mean you. Not the ones I've been paying for.

I have a Whirlpool Gold dishwasher that we purchased 1.5s yrs ago. We had the drain pump replaced after 6 months (under warranty) because the dishwasher often doesn't drain at the end of the cycle. That helped for a bit but it continued to occasionally fill with water and not clean the dishes as well. My husband suctions the water out with the shopvac as well as the line that leads into the disposal. Sometimes that works for awhile and other times not. In August we had to have the inlet valve replaced because it stopped filling with water. Soon after, it stopped draining again and leaking. Nothing was helping. I looked at the check valve as well as i could and it didn't seem blocked. Not wanting to pay another bill, i called yesterday to complain to Whirlpool since we aren't under warranty and they offered to pay for ONE service call and parts to fix the thing.

Fast forward to this morning. A guy comes out to fix it and discovers we have a clog in the line that goes to the disposal. He removes it. He fills the dishwasher with water and show me that it now drains. Orders a new gasket for the dishwasher.

He leaves. I excitedly run a load of dishes and much to my horror, open a finished load a few hours later to find the basin full of dirty water that won't drain.

I call the guy. He says I'll order you a drain pump to be here in a week or two (!!!). I say, this is the 3rd drain pump for this washer in 16 months of owning it. Is that normal? He gives me the equivalent of a shoulder shrug over the phone.

Please help. I don't want to replace a drain pump every few months. What could be causing this? He seems to either not care or think it's normal.

Signed,
A frustrate mom of 5 small kids who HATES doing dishes by hand.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jamie,

That's very unusual to see that happen, sounds like who ever installed the dishwasher didn't install/route the drain hose properly, and that's why your drain pumps are wearing out so fast.

Here's our main thread on this issue: FIXED Kenmore Ultra Wash will not drain

Page 2: FIXED Kenmore Ultra Wash will not drain - Page 2 shows the videos of how the drain hose should be installed and routed with that loop.

Page 3: FIXED Kenmore Ultra Wash will not drain - Page 3 shows the black elbow for you to check as well.

The Kenmore 665 (made by Whirlpool) in that thread is the exact same as your Whirlpool.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10348269

Let us know what you find.

Jake