• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WDF760SADM0 Not Draining

CJerome

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF760SADM0
Brand
Whirlpool
Good day,
Opened my dishwasher, yesterday after it completed a cycle, the dishes appear to be clean but the bottom of the dishwasher is full of gray water. Emptied the dishes and then prompted the machine to run a drain cycle, after three minute cycle no change in the water level. Checked the fine screen and it did not looked to be clogged.
welcome recommendations on next steps to troubleshoot.

Jerome

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jerome,

When you pressed cancel/drain did you hear the drain pump make any sound at all?

What I usually do is remove the drain hose from the garbage disposal or sink plumbing, then get a bucket or container then put the drain hose in it and press cancel drain to see how fast the water is running out into the bucket or container, it should be a good strong flow out of the drain hose.

Did you just replace your garbage disposal? If so, then you have to knockout the plastic stopper where the dishwasher drain hose connects to on the new garbage disposal, if the water is coming out full force from the drain hose.

Also check inside the garbage disposal port where the drain hose connects to, I've seen that get clogged and prevent it from draining as well.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10348269

Jake

CJerome

Premium Member
Jake,
Thank you for the reply. I have the dishwasher plumbed directly into a drain line.
I looked and listened and could tell the pump was pumping. Did the test to see what the output was like, it was not great certainly not strong. Checked the Second section of the drain line and that was clear which lead me to believe it was between the pump and the anti siphon loop on the side of the dishwasher. After some exploration I think it was some very small debris stuck inside what I think is a type of one way valve just inside the hose elbow which connects to the drain pump.
I ran the dishwasher until I heard water running inside and then canceled the wash to see if it would drain and low and behold it did!
I will reserve ‘mission accomplished’ until i run a full cycle, likely tomorrow.
thank you taking the time to reply to my post.
Jerome

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds like you got it Jerome, yes let us know tomorrow.:)

Jake

CJerome

Premium Member
Ran the dishwasher last night and the pan was empty after the cycle! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. Jerome

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Jerome, glad to hear that. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake