• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WDF760SADM0 Whirlpool dishwasher not cycling/washing

sillyrib

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF760SADM0
Brand
Whirlpool
Dishwasher fills drains and intermittently cycles through wash. I run diagnostics and get
f7-e1
f6-e6
f6-e4
f-e-
When I run the diagnostics, I can hear the wash cycle running water all around but it stops once I run a regular normal wash (sometimes).
When I opened it up I saw that the ground was off. I put it on and it worked fine once.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It's most likely a bad wash motor, this has become a common problem as of late, many members here have reported the same. In fact I had 2 in Sept. 2018 in Parker, Arizona that did the exact same thing, and the new wash motor fixed them both.:)

Look at post #7 here:

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 is made by Whirlpool, and uses the exact same wash motor yours does.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.

Here is the wash motor assembly you can order:
W11032770 Motor-Pump

Here's the video to replace the wash motor:

Or you can get the sump/pump motor assembly, which includes the wash motor already installed for you:
Pump and Motor Assembly WPW10671942

Let us know what you find.

Jake

sillyrib

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply but why does the circulation pump run fine during the diagnostic test and not run in normal mode? I unplug the dishwasher and it works in normal mode. Then the second time the wash does not work? try unplugging again and it doesn;t work. Doesn't his indicate something wrong with the control board? When it does not work I hear some clicking. I will have to check if power is going there or not.

I tipped over the dishwater to remove water but I am still getting the same error codes at the beginning of the test and no code at the end. Is there a way to clear the codes?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
bigbuck posted the tech data sheet for this model in post #3 here: FIXED WDF760SADM0 Error Codes F7 E1

Look on page 3 where it says Service Diagnostic Cycle, then under that it says INTERVAL.

Then Look at NOTE 4--->Press Hi Temp key in this interval to clear customer error history. The INTERVAL for NOTE 4 is 21, that's when you press the Hi Temp key to clear the error codes.

Thanks for the reply but why does the circulation pump run fine during the diagnostic test and not run in normal mode? I unplug the dishwasher and it works in normal mode. Then the second time the wash does not work? try unplugging again and it doesn;t work. Doesn't his indicate something wrong with the control board? When it does not work I hear some clicking. I will have to check if power is going there or not.
That's why the ONLY way to see if the wash motor is getting 120 volts to it, is to use your meter to see if it is getting 120 volts to it.

dishwash120volts.jpg

Tim@pristineappliances

Premium Member
sticking relay on board could be culprit, we run into that all the time. sometimes it works, sometimes it don't, intermittent wash pump problems are normally relay on main control board, and oddly enough I have had it work fine in diagnostics, then not in normal washing modes

sillyrib

Premium Member
sticking relay on board could be culprit, we run into that all the time. sometimes it works, sometimes it don't, intermittent wash pump problems are normally relay on main control board, and oddly enough I have had it work fine in diagnostics, then not in normal washing modes
Does that mean you need to replace the control board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I never see that happen, Tim you need to stop telling people that without verifying it with a meter first. And don't hijack this thread. LOL

If they order the control board and that does not fix it, then there's $300 down the drain.

That's why you MUST use a multimeter to see if your getting 120 volts at the wash motor electrical connectors first when the wash motor should be running, it's very simple.:)

Jake

sillyrib

Premium Member
I never see that happen, Tim you need to stop telling people that without verifying it with a meter first. And don't hijack this thread. LOL

If they order the control board and that does not fix it, then there's $300 down the drain.

That's why you MUST use a multimeter to see if your getting 120 volts at the wash motor electrical connectors first when the wash motor should be running, it's very simple.:)

Jake
How do you check the 120 volts while the machine is running? Do you tip it over the start the cycle? will it run while on its side?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
All you do is pull the dishwasher out a little bit and remove the electrical connector to the wash motor and put your meter leads in that electrical connector, like in the photo I posted above.

Then leave the dishwasher upright and start a new cycle WITHOUT anything in the dishwasher, no dishes. Then after it fills with water the control board will send 120 volts to the wash motor electrical connector and watch to see if your meter says 120 volts.

Jake