• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WDF760SADW1 Whirlpool Dishwasher arms won't spin, drains after filling, error code F7E1

Status
Not open for further replies.

2minipumpkins

Premium Member
Model Number
WDF760SADW1
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

My dishwasher is showing error code F7E1. It stopped heating awhile ago but after replacing the heating element, it now heats normally.

However, the code is back and the arms don't spin now. The machine will fill up with water, pause a few minutes and drain. It will repeat that the entire cycle.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Anytime you replace a part on these newer dishwashers you always have to run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

--->Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Do that, and report back if its working good again.:)

If not, and its not washing in the wash cycle, It's most likely a bad wash motor, this has become a common problem as of late, many members here have reported the same. In fact I had 2 this past Sept. 2018 in Parker, Arizona that did the exact same thing, and the new wash motor fixed them both.:)

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 made by Whirlpool, and Whirlpool owns KitchenAid, and uses the exact same wash motor yours does.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.

Here's the wash motor assembly for you model:
Pump and motor assembly W11032770

Here's the video to replace it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

2minipumpkins

Premium Member
I ran the diagnostic cycle and it still shows F7E1 code. Also, the arms still do not spin.

Safe to assume my problem is the pump and motor then? I would have assumed an error code for that would have popped up.

Thanks for the help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's your tech data sheet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VmXCwS74XGYh_yh76WVtTRw9GC6vMJYB

F7E1=No Heating, so you can delete that error code since you replaced the heating element and its heating now.

Page 3 in the tech data sheet when your in the service diagnostics cycle, it shows when your in interval 4 Press HI TEMP key in this interval to clear customer error history.

Safe to assume my problem is the pump and motor then?
Well, its best to use a multimeter to check for 120 volts when the wash motor should be running.:)

But seeing all the wash motors that have failed, i would say your assumption is 99% accurate.:)

I would have assumed an error code for that would have popped up.
Nope, for some reason a error code doesn't get recorded for that.

Jake

2minipumpkins

Premium Member
First of all, thanks for your advice! I replaced the wash motor and my dishwasher works again!

I don't understand how to read the tech sheet...at what point am I supposed to press the HI Temp key to delete the error code? I see interval 4, so does that mean I need to press Hi Temp 2:46 seconds into starting the diagnostic cycle?

Thanks again

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
at what point am I supposed to press the HI Temp key to delete the error code? I see interval 4, so does that mean I need to press Hi Temp 2:46 seconds into starting the diagnostic cycle?
Yes, correct.:)

I replaced the motor and my dishwasher works again!
Excellent 2minipumpkins, glad to hear the new wash motor fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.