FIXED WDT710PAYM3 Filling draining but not spinning water

GabeS

Premium Member
Model
WDT710PAYM3
Brand
Whirlpool
I’ve read many similar posts about the dishwasher arms not working. I’ve replaced the pump motor assembly and water inlet valve. Reset the diagnostics (let it run all the way through), but still not working. Any thoughts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Gabe,

Ok, it sounds like a faulty wash(circulation) motor. I had two bad wash motors in Sept. and Oct. of 2018 here in my local area as well, its a common problem on the Whirlpool and KitchenAid models as of late.

--->If you just replaced it, then do the ohm test on the wash motor, and the volt test per my instructions below. Its possibly faulty from whoever you got it from.

Look here: FIXED: WDF510PAYSA Whirlpool dishwasher spray arms not spinning

That guy in that thread had the same problem, and his uses this same circulation motor as your model does. So I'd remove it and ohm test it like he did, if you get no continuity then its bad.

Here's the circulation(wash) motor for your model you can order:
Circulation Motor WPW10510666

When you click the part link to the circulation(wash) motor you will see a video of HOW TO access it/replace it.

You can also remove the electrical connector that connects to the wash motor, then put your meter leads in each one and then start a new cycle and after it fills watch your meter and it should say 120 volts. If it does then your wash motor is the culprit.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

GabeS

Premium Member
Thanks for replying. I’ve purchased the new pump and motor assembly and installed it. The new pump did not make a difference. Other suggestions?

GabeS

Premium Member
Like others, it fills, drains, opens soap dispenser, and stalls. Could the new pump be faulty? I purchased directly from Whirlpool.

GabeS

Premium Member
Rookie mistake of the year -

Well... after rechecking everything, I found the electric connection to the pump was not completely inserted. Ran the cycle and everything appears to be working correctly.

Thank you guys and all the previous threads for this information. I’ve literally never fixed/worked on an appliance previously, but information from the threads and videos helped tremendously. I certainly recommend anyone experiencing appliance issues to check this site out. Thanks again - problem fixed!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Gabe, glad to hear the new wash motor fixed it.:)

Well... after rechecking everything, I found the electric connection to the pump was not completely inserted. Ran the cycle and everything appears to be working correctly.
Yuppers, I've had that happen once too, those little electrical connectors that connect to the wash motor feel like they are in all the way, but sometimes can fool you where they have to go in a tad further.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake