Status
Not open for further replies.

Patch97236

Model Number
WDT710PAY
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi to everyone on this thread!
This is my first post on this blog and I'm really hoping someone can help me out here. I'm really stumped on a Whirlpool dishwasher DIY repair as it's not heating up during wash or dry cycle. This all started when someone-somehow the water was turned off to the dishwasher, which then in turn caused the heating element to burn out.

I've changed the heating element W10518394 hoping everything will be back to normal again but after the install the heating element won't heat up anymore.

I've managed to get the machine into diagnostic testing, and I've gotten these error codes so far: 6-2, 7-1, but the weird thing is after the diagnostic testing was completed the heating element was burning hot to the touch.

What could be the problem? From what I've been researching online I'm hypothesizing that the thermal overload fuse could be the cause? If so where is the overload fuse located? I was able to find the thermostat and ran a resistance test on it, and that seemed fine as it's was getting a reading of 1.3. Could the be something else here that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance to anyone who spend time out of their busy lives to respond back, as any help will be greatly appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's another member with this similar problem: FIXED WDT710PAYM5 - New Heating Element Not Working

The tech. data sheet is located post #14 here: FIXED WDT710PAYM5 - New Heating Element Not Working - Page 2

Then look at post #25 of what Lee says: YOU MUST RUN THE DISHWASHER IN DIAGNOSTIC MODE TO CLEAR OUT THE MAIN BOARDS MEMORY. I believe what happens is once the heating element fails, the main board will no longer deliver power to the heating element. Running the machine in diagnostic mode will put the dishwasher back to its original factory resets.

I'd try that first!

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I see you put it through the diagnostics mode correct? Then the heater worked fine right?

Did you let it run all the way through the diagnostics mode till it ended on its own?

If so, start a new cycle and see if its back to normal, make sure the water is ON to your dishwasher first!

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If no error codes were found, it won't show any, and the diagnostics will come to a end.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Jake

maple747

Worked for Me on model # WDT710PAYM

Symptoms- dishes staying wet after cycle, mold starting to pile up. Check of heating element continuity shows its not good.
Fixes- Replaced heating element and thermostat, both check out good for continuity.(likely didn't need new thermostat).
Then heating element would still not come on during runs. This site showed the 123-123-123 for getting in diagnostic mode which worked. I had issues following the instructions so here are mine.

Below are my procedures:
1. With fully connected water and power. Click the cancel until all the lights are out. This is Standby Mode which you can get into diagnostic cycle from.
2. I chose the first three buttons on the second group of buttons on the right side while looking as the dishwasher. In the following order.
"Top Rack Wash","High Temp Wash","Sansi Rinse","Top Rack Wash","High Temp Wash","Sansi Rinse","Top Rack Wash","High Temp Wash","Sansi Rinse"
3. You will know you got it in diagnostic mode because all leds will light up. Then just shut the door and wait.
4. You can tell its done by looking at the top leds with the door closed and verify no lights are on.

maple

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent maple, glad to hear it worked for yours.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.