• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WDT720PADM0 Whirlpool Dishwasher - not washing like it used to! Error codes...

beef tits

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT720PADM0
Brand
Whirlpool
Howdy!

I have had this washer for about 5-6 years and it worked great until recently.

I cannot say precisely what the timeline was, but it has not been working well for a while. I replaced my old 40 gallon tank water heater earlier this year as well, in it's place is a Rinnai tankless heater and I want to say the issues started right around then. The Rinnai initially took WAY longer to get hot water out of. For a while, I thought it was just the lack of hot water affecting the dishwasher but... I installed a recirculation pump recently with the loop running at 120F, and I still am having issues with the dishwasher. To be clear, the sink next to the dishwasher now gets 120F water within 10 seconds so the dishwasher should as well.

I ran the loop at 140 today just to troubleshoot it further, the dishes look better but they still do not dry on their own and the errors are still present. I also opened the dishwasher during the dry cycle and the internal heating coil felt very hot to me, I tapped it and just about burned my hand. I do not suspect a heating issue at this point.

I retrieved the following four trouble codes;

F7-E1
F6-E6
F8-E2
F-E-

My questions are;

- Does anyone have a manual that indicates what these codes mean? The owner's manual I have on hand mentions nothing about error codes.

- How do I go about clearing the codes? Or will they clear on their own? I'd like to run it with a clear memory and see if they pop up again.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• E2EC368A-80CC-4BF9-8FB2-A307E8AA01AF.jpeg
    E2EC368A-80CC-4BF9-8FB2-A307E8AA01AF.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 14

beef tits

Premium Member
Disregard for now, I found the tech manual on here and am going through diagnostics. Also found how to clear codes.

Thanks for whoever posted that previously!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't know if you can use a tankless water heater to supply hot water to dishwashers, another member was having this same problem having the tankless water heater supplying water to the dishwasher.

F6E6=Cool Water--->Incoming water under 84°F.

I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10610059 - Rev B.pdf
    525.5 KB · Views: 85

beef tits

Premium Member
Heating type shouldn't matter as long as the washer sees hot water within a reasonable amount of time. I installed a hot water recirculation loop recently so the fact that I'm running tankless is no longer an issue, though it was in the beginning before the recirc. Without recirculation it took too long for water to get hot.

I cleared the codes and ran a few empty cycles - no more error codes.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is it working normal now again then? Or have you not tried a load yet?

Jake