WDT720PADM1 Whirlpool Fills, drains, no wash

V65ozzie

Model Number
WDT720PADM
Brand
Whirlpool
This thing is going to drive me nuts. Did some reading, pulled error codes, F7 E1 F6 E6. Unsure of where to go from here. Fills fine, I don't hear it running the wash cycle, drains. Leaves detergent caked on the door, bottom and filter. Arms spin freely when turned by hand, checked filter, aside from the detergent crust, it is clean. I'm assuming that a pump is not functioning correctly, but not where this pump would be located. I can remove the unit without issue to repair, would some kind soul please point me in the correct direction, preferably before the wife drives me insane? :D

I deliberately bought whirlpool because I didn't want to deal with issues.....so much for that idea(as I stare around the kitchen at the other whirlpool appliances......)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Many members here with your model and symptom have had a bad wash motor.

We can verify that with a multimeter.:)

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 made by Whirlpool uses the exact same wash motor yours does.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.

Here is the wash motor assembly you can order:
Pump and motor assembly W11032770

"How to" Video included in part link

Jake