• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WDT720PADM2 is giving us problems...looking for advice

dijonace

Model Number
WDT720PADM2
Brand
Whirlpool
Good morning community,

I was wondering if you could help me and my wife troubleshoot an issue we have. We own a WDT720PADM2 which has worked like a champ for like 5 years. About 3 weeks ago it started to give us problems.

The problem:
It turns on just fine. Fills with hot water for about 30 seconds. Stops filling with water. And then does absolutely nothing.
We then open the door, hit the drain button, close the door, wait for it to finish draining and then restart the process.
Consistently on the third attempt the washer runs just fine...full cycle...cleans like a champ.

The things we have tried:
We flipped the breaker for about 5 minutes. Sometimes that will work...and the washer will go full cycle on the next restart. Sometimes it won't
We've run the diagnostic and the only error codes we see are during the first 30-60 seconds where we see a E- and a F- error code flashing alternatively between one and the other.
The diagnostic completes the full cycle and no other error codes after that.

I tried searching these forums and out on google for the errors of just E- and F- and could not find anything.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, It's most likely a bad wash motor, this has become a common problem as of late, many members here have reported the same. AND I had 2 last week in my local area that was doing the same thing and I replaced both wash motors on each on them and it fixed them both.:)

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 made by Whirlpool, and uses the exact same wash motor yours does.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.

Here is the wash motor assembly you can order:
W11032770 Motor-Pump

Here's the video to replace it: Dishwasher Circulation Pump Replacement Video

Let us know what you find.

Jake