• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WDT720PADM2 Whirlpool dishwasher F-7 E-1 error

rdionne

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT720PADM
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi,
I have a 2 year old whirlpool gold series dishwasher (WDT720PADM2). We started noticing that the soap in the dispenser was just sliding down the door, it opened but clearly was not getting washed into the cycle. This would happen even when there were no dishes in the machine. Then we began to notice that it would fill with water but no swooshing sounds for washing. I looked at other posts to learn how to run the diagnostic which we got the F-7 E-1 code. When it ran the diagnostic test we heard the swooshing of water. We also cleaned the lower filters and they weren’t terrible and removed the sprayers and they’re clear. I can could stick my finger in the drain and the impeller spins fine. We have also turned it off to reset the but the codes they still appear.
After doing all of this, it will do two seemingly normal loads and the soap dissolves and then on the third it doesn’t and the water stops swooshing.
What else can we try before calling a repair service?

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

WDT720PADM
Missing a digit.
http://applianceaid.com/model-number.php

F-7 E-1 error
Sounds meaningless to me!
Condition: Heating element doesn't work
Check/Repair: Shut off power to the dishwasher. Inspect the heating element and replace it if it's visibly damaged. If not, check the wiring to the heating element. If the wiring is intact, replace the heating element.

Then we began to notice that it would fill with water but no swooshing sounds for washing
So the wash motor is intermittently running or not running. You or someone would have to check if the wash motor is getting power when it is suppose to be running but is not.

jeff.

rdionne

Premium Member
WDT720PADM2
Series -F62723814

The dishwasher gets hot but I don’t know if that’s just because the water is hot going into the washer.

Washing does occur occasionally..,usually for three separate runs then on the third time it stops moving the water around...almost like the dishwasher senses an issue and disables the wash cycle.