• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WDT720PADM2 Whirlpool Dishwasher Not Spraying

phillip.mckenzie

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT720PADM2
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a whirlpool dishwasher (WDT720PADM2) that will fill and drain ok. But water is not getting to the spray arms. I have checked/cleaned all filters, screens, and spray arms. I am mechanically stable enough to understand flows and change parts, but electrically inefficient and have little know-how using a multimeter to diagnose which component to change. What should be my next step?

phillip.mckenzie

Premium Member
To clarify, I do have a multimeter and can follow directions. So with some guidance, testing the individual parts is doable. Thanks.

phillip.mckenzie

Premium Member
Also... Ran a diagnostic cycle. Showed code F7E1. Three different websites with code tables show three different meanings for the code. One says Motor speed sensing error and recommends changing motor. Second says Flow meter and recommends cleaning screen or changing meter. Third says Heating element doesnt work and recommends inspecting/replacing.

I then disconnected power to reset faults and gave it another shot. Nothing changed. Still not spraying.

phillip.mckenzie

Premium Member
Thanks for helping. I will check the volts going to the motor. If 120v, I will order the part you suggested. Should I order the pump seal that is 'Frequently bought together' even though I have no issues with leaks?

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
If that turns out to be your problem i would replace the Pump and Motor Assembly.Not much a difference in price and you don't have to mess around with those clamps and everything is new except the drain motor of course.

phillip.mckenzie

Premium Member
Definitely getting power during the wash cycle. I will order the whole assembly and post back once installed. Thanks again for the guidance.

phillip.mckenzie

Premium Member
Just got it together. Going through a diagnostic cycle at this moment. It most definitely spraying some water now! I thank you again for your help. And, most importantly, my wife thanks you!