• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WDT720PADM2 Whirlpool Gold Series not drying dishes after pump and motor assembly

Tatkins85

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT720PADM2
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a 1.5 year old whirlpool gold series dishwasher.

I replaced the pump and motor assembly WPW10671941 because it stopped spraying water. After the install it cleaned and washed the dishes but I found the dishes to be soaking wet. This is an issue I was not having prior to the pump failure and install of pump motor assembly.

So, I have noticed while opening the door, the heating element does not seem to be getting hot. I have also noticed the jet dry container does not seem to be using anything and remains full. I also don’t know if I have noticed and steam coming from the vent motor at all through out the wash cycle?

Could I have messed something up during my pump assembly install that powers all of these?
That’s my last thought is, I messed up on the wiring harness or messed power up somewhere.

I have since replaced the heating element W10518394 and sensor WP661566.

I have also taken it apart and put it back together again about 10 times with no help.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Anytime you replace a part on these dishwashers you always have to run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

■ Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Do that, and report back.:)

Jake

Tatkins85

Premium Member
Wow..........
After all that stress and headache. He’s of pulling it apart time and time again to see if I missed plugging something in........
It was just that reboot process, lol.
Thanks for the help!!!!
All is good

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake