WDT730PAHZ Whirlpool Dishwasher Fan Dry ??

PotRoastMan

Premium Member
I am looking at a WDT730PAHZ which claims to have a Fan Dry feature. But the details of Fan Dry are almost non existant on Whirlpools website (they seem to have one marketing sentance). I even downloaded the manual which has zero mention of it (it mentioned air dry if heated dry is not activated, not the same thing I think). So, what the heck is it? Apparently it draws in cool air in to help dry, possibly through a side vet in the door(?). Where does exhaust go then? It makes sense to me kind of. But does this work decently, or is it a gimick? Is this model worth about $150 more than the one under it?

And how do I use this feature? Is it always on at the end of the cycle, or do I have to use Heated Dry (or do I have to NOT use heated dry)?
Appoligies if this is not the right subforum for these questions... Confused why they advertise it and then not explain what it does or how to use it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its just a small 1 watt fan inside the vent assembly.

Here's the parts diagram:
#5 is the vent assembly with that fan in it.
#10 is the air duct that goes down to the bottom.
#7 is the vent deflector that the fan blows through.

To me the price for the added little 1 watt fan is not worth it.

This is the basic Whirlpool Dishwasher: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Whirlpool-...n-24-in-Actual-23-875-in-ENERGY-STAR/50258927

You can see the price difference and its got 4.3 stars out of 5.0 with over 10,000 reviews.

Jake