• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WDT750SAHZ0 Whirlpool Dishwasher leaking from both corners

Laurmanny

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT750SAHZ0
Brand
Whirlpool
Dishwasher has been leaking from both corners, more on the left side, and can't figure out why. I've replaced the gasket, door seal (gasket) and lower door seal with no luck. I've inspected the hoses and pump to find any obstruction as well. I did notice yesterday that the lower spray arm has marks on it which seems like it's rubbing on the lower rack. I'm guessing this is the issue but can't figure out if it's the lower spray arm or something else causing the friction marks on it. Any suggestions??

the.dish.king

Premium Member
If the spray arm is shooting directly at the door because it is being held up by the rack, then the leak could occur. I would suggest to try to run it with the lower rack removed (and try to inspect why it is hitting it, if it is).

Also look to see if your lower arm is gunked up and therefore can't spin, and clean it out if necessary.

Laurmanny

Premium Member
I ran a cycle without the bottom rack and the left side continues to leak. When I opened the door, the arm was spinning. I did notice the water level was above the heating element which I'm not sure if that's normal or not. I read somewhere that the water level should be just below the heating element but not sure if that's correct or not.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You are correct, the water level should NOT be coming UP over the heating element.

I'd first check your tub float to see if something is keeping it down when it should be raising as the tub fills with water.

Here's the float for your model(Video Included in part link):
Float WPW10195036

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Laurmanny

Premium Member
I checked the float and it seems to be working fine. What I did notice after taking a closer look at the lower spray arm was that the seam one side is coming apart. I did not initially notice it at first but I'm guessing that could cause water to leak at the seam and cause it to become unbalanced which would explain the friction marks on the top which happen to be on the same side of the lower arm. I may just have to order a new lower spray arm.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Bingo! Good find!

Start reading at post #9 here:
It was the lower spray arm that was the culprit causing the leak.

Here's the lower spray arm for your model:
W10837249 Arm-Spray

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake