WDT780SAEM1 Rinse Arm Not Spraying

Scalise

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT780SAEM1
Brand
Whirlpool
Over the holidays noticed my parent's dishwasher wasn't working properly. Upon closer inspection, it seems that the rinse arm simply doesn't spray during the cycle. It sounds like it's taking in and draining water, but doesn't actually spray. I'm not sure if its as simple as the holes simply being clogged. I don't have a service manual and am unsure how to run the diagnostic on it. I have already gone ahead and checked to make sure nothing was stuck in the filter or intake. Wanted to get a good plan to troubleshoot before I go back and attempt to fix it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It's more than likely the wash motor itself that's bad, been seeing quite of few of these go bad as of late.

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 made by Whirlpool uses the exact same wash motor yours does.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.

Here's the wash(circulation) motor assembly you can order:
W11032770 Motor-Pump

Here's the video that shows you how to replace it: Dishwasher Circulation Pump Replacement Video

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Scalise

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Thanks for the reply. The motor is always supplied 120V, correct? With the exception of an open motor fuse.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
There is no motor fuse, only fuse is on the control board and if that's bad you will get no 120 volts at all to the wash motor, then you'd have to replace the control board, as they don't make the control board fuse a seperate part you can purchase.

Here's the control board for your model:
W10854221 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

Scalise

Premium Member
I was able to pull the motor assembly out and have the two leads that ran to the motor. Do I just call for a wash cycle as I normally would and check the voltage across them?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do I just call for a wash cycle as I normally would and check the voltage across them?
Yes, correct.

Jake

IVEY

Premium Member
I am having the same problem. What were your findings?