WDT910SAYH0 Whirlpool dishwasher issues

AWSHandy

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT910SAYH0
Brand
Whirlpool
This dishwasher is not getting water (inlet valve) and making circulation motor sounds like it is grinding a bit. I need to run diagnostics but no tech sheet available. Can someone help with putting it into diagnostic mode and error codes. Thank you in advance for the help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

AWSHandy

Premium Member
Hello Jake, ok, I ran diagnostic and got the following;

8-1 slow drain, drain pump. Observation... the drain pump works...if you dump water in dishwasher and press cancel/drain all water drains out. Note...no water goes into washer during fill

9-1 diverter motor??? Is this the circulation pump? It does make a grinding noise..again no water during fill

10-1 dispenser circuit....the detergent does not release into dishwasher...this was an original complaint of customer

6-1 inlet valve....self explanatory

6-6 incoming water not warm enough...again there is no fill

I did not open to look at control. Could this cause ALL the problems? The dishwasher was working ok 2 weeks ago.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
A bad control board can cause all those problems.

In the diagnostics check your multimeter for 120 volts at the water inlet valve electrical connector when it should be filling, also make sure the float is not stuck in the UP position, that will keep it from filling, also ohm test the float switch.

Jake

AWSHandy

Premium Member
Thanks, I think I will purchase a control and an inlet valve. The float switch seemed ok. moved up and down freely and clicked. I am concerned about that grinding noise though. Could that be a result of the circulation pump and motor operating without any water? Also, what is the diverter motor. Is that the motor for the circulation pump?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I think I will purchase a control and an inlet valve.
Its best that you check for 120 volts first at the water inlet valve electrical connector like I mentioned above. You do have a multimeter right?

I am concerned about that grinding noise though. Could that be a result of the circulation pump and motor operating without any water?
I'd need to hear that grinding noise to tell you. Pour buckets of water in the tub to see if that grinding sound is still there.

what is the diverter motor.
You can see the timing chart and it tells you when the diverter should activate the lower(LOW) spray arm and upper(UPR) spray arm.

Here's the diverter motor for your model:
W10537869 Motor

Jake