• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WDT910SAYH3 Reset whirlpool error codes

appmaintusr

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT910SAYH3
Brand
Whirlpool
My dishwasher recently stopped drying. I entered the diagnostic button sequence and observed errors 7-1 and 6-6, which from what I read in the service manual means that water temp was too low and drying was disabled. This makes sense since my water heater was having problems producing hot water recently. I let the dishwasher run through its diagnostic cycle and afterwords pressed the button sequence again to see if the errors were cleared, but they had not been even though my hot water is normal again now.

How do I clear the errors so I can be sure that drying is enabled again? Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

■ Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Jake

appmaintusr

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. I definitely let it run all the way through, though i did the 1-2-3 button sequence to get it going with the door already closed (if that matters)?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That shouldn't matter.

So it didn't reset?

Jake

appmaintusr

Premium Member
It did not.

I dug back into the service manual which mentioned that pushing the Dry button when the diagnostic cycle is in step 14 will clear and user error codes. How can I tell which step it's in? No idea - so I just cycled through all of the steps, pressing the Dry button after each step, and at the end the errors were clear :)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
pushing the Dry button when the diagnostic cycle is in step 14 will clear and user error codes
Excellent, good job.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

ThatHamish

Premium Member
Hey All! I’ve got the same model dishwasher (WDT910SAYH3), with the same issues - I can’t seem to reset the error codes. Right now I just have the 6-4 code (float switch), but that issue has been resolved. I’ve also had the cold water temp code previously - that one went away but I’m still having issues when it runs and am hoping that a hard reset might resolve this.

I’ve run the diagnostic cycle numerous times, tried the ‘Dry’ button trick mentioned above, and unplugged the unit multiple times. Any other way to possibly reset this thing?

Thanks, Hamish

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Hamish, what problem did you have with your dishwasher when you got this error code?

Is it not washing after it fills? Is it not draining? Is it not filling?

Jake

ThatHamish

Premium Member
Not washing. It sounds like it’s going through all the cycles, but often the dishes aren’t clean and/or the soap will be in one piece inside the washer (but not stuck in the soap holder). It drains fine, and I believe that it does fill properly. When I run the diagnostic test, no additional errors pop up. In addition:

- I’ve removed the water supply, and have good water pressure.
- I’ve removed the drain line, and there are no obstructions.
- I’ve removed the top and bottom spinners that deliver water and flushed them out - no obstructions
- I’ve cleaned to lower filter
- We’ve been religiously running the hot water before starting the dishwasher.
- For a while, we had issues with our hot water heater. That has been fixed, but many of these issues started around the same time, and at one point the “cold water” code was present but has since gone away.
- after a diagnostic cycle, I managed to burn my finger on the heater element so I think that’s working :(.

ThatHamish

Premium Member
Also, previously, it would run but would be hot and dry when opened - like an oven. That seems to have passed; now it’s hot, steamy, soap not dissolved, and dirty dishes.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it!

It's more than likely the wash motor itself that's bad, been seeing quite of few of these go bad as of late.

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 made by Whirlpool and uses the exact same wash motor yours does.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use your multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.

Here is the wash motor assembly you can order:
W11032770 Motor-Pump

Here's the video that shows how to replace it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake