• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WDT920SADM2 Whirlpool Dishwasher leaking from the bottom

kalla

Premium Member
Model Number
WDT920SADM2
Brand
Whirlpool
My Whirlpool Gold Series (WDT920SADM2) dishwasher is leaking from the bottom. I guessed it was the rubber seal in the diverter pump (W10195677) and replaced it with the third party rubber seal from amazon.Whirlpool does not make these seals anymore. Even after replacement, the dishwasher is still leaking. I am not sure where to check next. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am attaching the video while its leaking.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Whirlpool does make those diverter seals, but you would need to order the sump assembly to get it, it comes already installed in the new sump.

Here's the sump assembly for your model(Video Included in part link):
WPW10455268 Sump

Are you absolutely sure its not leaking from the Motor to Sump seal?

Here is the Motor to Sump seal for your model(Video Included in part link):
whirlpool-grommet-pump-inlet-wpw10538166-ap6022761_01_m.jpg

Jake

kalla

Premium Member
Hi Jake

Thanks for the reply .I changed the diverter seal after a lot people mentioning that it might be source of leak. The only leak I can see if coming seems to under the diverter pump . Also it was not that expensive 3rd party part so I gave it a try.
I am not sure if its the motor to sump seal.Is there any way I can check without uninstalling it? The only view I can see from my perspective is the video I posted.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You need to pull the dishwasher out a little bit to verify that's where its leaking from, I see the video and it sure looks like its leaking from the diverter seal.

Look at this thread:

Jake

kalla

Premium Member
How do I change the diverter seal since I dont see anyone selling it anymore? Is it part of the sump assembly or diveter motor ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Like I mentioned above--->Whirlpool does not make those diverter seals separate, you would need to order the sump assembly to get it, it comes already installed in the new sump.

Here's the sump assembly for your model(Video Included in part link):
WPW10455268 Sump

Jake