• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WDTA50SAHZ0 Whirlpool Dishwasher - washer(circulation) motor?

cdn_traveller

Premium Member
Model Number
WDTA50SAHZ0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello,

Trying to figure out my dishwasher. It is a whirlpool WDTA50SAHZ0 and the washer pump (circulating) doesn't seem to work right. I thought it was the pump itself and replaced before I dug into things but apparetnly I was wrong.

The pump seems to surge on every 10 or 15 seconds during wash cycle and I hear water spraying but doesn't stay on. I have checked the water path and there are no obstructions.

Voltage on the motor seems low and then spikes to 110 or 120 when it triggers on.

So, now this video is in diagnostics mode:

video

Is it the control board?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

--->Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Do that now, and report back.:)

Jake

cdn_traveller

Premium Member
Ok it is running now.

Before it started I saw two codes. 64 and 43 I think. I wasn't sure on the 64, I caught the last cycle of it..

I will let you know when it finishes!

Thanks
Matt

cdn_traveller

Premium Member
I ran through 2 cycles. 64 then 43 from clean light flash codes.

Both times did the same behaviour on washer pump. On for a second then off for a while then on for a second. Cycles like that. Same as in video.

:(

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

4-3 is Wash Motor Not Running
Causes:
--->1. Loose connection in Motor circuit and/or faulty wash motor.
1. Check operation of wash motor during diagnostics.
2. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
3. Check resistances of connections in the Wash circuit.
4. Check/fix loose connections or replace wash motor.

--->2. Control Motor Drive circuit or Sense circuit.
1. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
2. If meter check of Wash Motor circuit shows normal resistance and still not getting power to the wash motor, replace control.

If you already replaced the wash motor, then it can only be the control board that is causing this problem.

Here's the control board for your model you can order:
Control Board W11305297

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Matt--->The manufacturer has replaced part number W10904714 with part number W11305297.:)

Jake

cdn_traveller

Premium Member
Hey,

Is there anything else that can be causing this? I replaced the board but seem to have the same behaviour. I did buy a board off ebay because I am in canada and wanted to find a canadian source but the fact that it came up with the exact same issue leads me to believe it is something else?

I hate to give up on this thing but I also hate to spend more money on it!

ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It has to be the board, that's all it can be. ebay is not a good place to buy parts, to many people get faulty parts there.

Its best to have a Whirlpool tech. come out at this point and see what's going on.

Jake