• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WDTA50SAKZ0 Whirlpool Dishwasher - control panel dead now all lights on but still nonfunctional

jon_roanoke

Premium Member
Model Number
WDTA50SAKZ0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hello. I have a whirlpool WDTA50SAKZ0 dishwasher that stopped working midcycle. It had no lights on the control panel and pushing buttons didnt do anything. I turned on and off the circuit breaker, no effect. I opened the dishwasher front to look for a thermal fuse, couldn't find one, so I closed it back up. Now all the lights are on on the control panel, every single light including the display, but the buttons still do not work. Any advice please? It's 16 months old. thank you very much!

jon_roanoke

Premium Member
Update: I cut the breaker and left if off over night. I turned the breaker back on this morning and its back to completely dead again. No lights on the control panel. Thank you for any advice.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below. Check the main control board LED light and see if its flashing or STEADY OFF or STEADY ON.

Here's the main control board for your model: Main Control Board W11462458

Jake

Attachments

• tech-sheet-w11366143-revb.pdf
    317.5 KB · Views: 44

jon_roanoke

Premium Member
Thank you, Jake. It is blinking, the light on the main control board is blinking. It's a slow steady blink, does not appear to be a fast blink or a double or triple blink.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok good--->LED Slow Blinking: Normal ACU Operation. No unrecoverable ACU failures recorded. LED blinks 0.5 s ON / 0.5 s OFF

Here's the service manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18_JvV68UKAWE8Q0TbGwlU8txSk1PVccq/view?usp=sharing On page 3-21 is the User Interface (UI) TEST, do all it says to do in that test and keep us posted.

Here's the UI Board for your model:

Also test the door switch circuit on page 3-7

Here's the door switch latch assembly for your model:

Also check the door strike where the door switch lever connects to when the door is closed to make sure its tight and secure.

Here's the door strike for your model:

This video gives you the general idea of how to access it:

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.