• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WED7600XW0 Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer - AF code

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheetMetalDad95

Premium Member
Model Number
WED7600XW0
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool Cabrio dyer, that my I had bought brand new back around 2012-2013 from Sears. Its done great for the last, almost, decade. I have not had to do any deep maintenance or repairs until I recently had to put in a new Heating Element (Thank God for expedited appliance parts!).

About two days ago, I realized my clothes weren't getting dry and that the Dryer was flashing an AF error code on the screen (picture included, along with the Serial and Model #), along with being very hot and humid. Obviously, no airflow.

So here's what I know:
I had already cleaned out the whole dryer of lent when I put in the Heating Element (2-3 months ago).
I have checked to see if there is any new lint clogs in the immediate hose and wall, none.
I went outside to see if the vent was even blowing air, none (my dryer has basically a 16" lint exhaust flex over and through to the outside wall of the house)

I had also found this old forum post from a while back, seeming to be, basically, my issue that I'm having.

My question is, how likely is this ^^^^^^^ the problem? Could it also be a bad blower? Seeming that this dryer is almost 10 years old, I don't know how long blower fans are generally able to last.
Any comments on this situation would be great, and I would be glad to give any more troubleshooting answers if asked.
I wont be able to take this thing apart and fix it until the weekend happens. So I have time to research and get my ducks together on this one.

Attachments

• DRYER MODEL NUMBER.jpg
    DRYER MODEL NUMBER.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 20210113_194458[7].jpg
    20210113_194458[7].jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 135

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I'd pull the dryer out from the wall, then remove the exhaust vent hose from the back of the dryer, then start the dryer with no clothes in it and see if any air is blowing directly out the back of the dryer vent.

If not, then yes, your blower belt may have broken, or the blower wheel pulley may have come loose or broken.

Here's the blower belt for your model:
WP8544742 Blower Belt

There is a video in the blower belt part that shows you how to access it.

Make sure you disconnect power to the dryer first.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.