FIXED WEE730H0DB0 Whirlpool Range F8E0 error code

tmol

Premium Member
Model Number
WEE730H0DB0
Brand
Whirlpool
hello, have a F8E0 error code can not find code any where. removed power. code clears but comes right back. thanks t mol

Last edited by a moderator:

tmol

Premium Member
code the 8 and the B look alike on the display code F8 E0 but it sure looks like a B T MOL

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

wee730hodbo
I got WEE730H0DB0 to work for me.

F8E0
Cooling Fan Speed Too Low
Fan speed below 500 rpm, either because the fan is spinning too slowly or because there is a problem with the Hall Effect sensor.

When will occur:
Within 20 seconds of a fault condition when cavity temperature is above 170°F (77°C).

RECOMMENDED CORRECTIVE ACTION PROCEDURE

1.Unplug range or disconnect power.
2.Pull the range forward and remove the top access cover.
3.Verify there are no obstructions in the blower. If there is an obstruction, remove it and go to Step 6. If no obstructions, go to Step 4.
4.Disconnect control board connect or P5 and check the fan motor for 105Ω resistance between P5-1 and P6-3. If the motor test is not good, replace motor and go to Step 6. If motor tests good, go to Step 5.
5.Check the Hall Sensor by removing the control board P7 connector and testing for 5 VDC between P7-7 and P7-1. If test is good, go to Step 6. If test results are not correct, replace the Hall Sensor.
6.Replace all parts and panels before operating.
7.Plug in range or reconnect power.
8.Start a cook cycle and check for proper operation.
9.Enter the diagnostic mode to view the “Faults” screen. Press START TIME or DELAY START to clear each Fault code(s).

jeff.

Attachments

Blquine

Premium Member
I have this same issue. So far I have replaced the fan and the Hall effects sensor. Still getting the same error. Any thoughts on where to go from here? The there another fix or is the unit just shot?

torrysport

I have the same issue, fan and sensor have been changed, is there a way to see the fan speed on the control board? there is a test mode how does that work. when I test there is 5v on the red/black and nothing on the sensor yellow wire and 3.7 v when the motor kicks in but it still fails and sets the code. no volage drop on the wires, is there a way to bypass this feature on the eng mode of the diagnosis?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi All,

is there a way to see the fan speed on the control board?
This is the only way to check the motor:

Disconnect control board connector P5 and check the fan motor
for 105Ω resistance between P5-1 and P6-3. If the motor test is
not good, replace motor and go to Step 6. If motor tests good,
go to Step 5.

when I test there is 5v on the red/black and nothing on the sensor yellow wire and 3.7 v when the motor kicks in but it still fails and sets the code. no voltage drop on the wires, is there a way to bypass this feature on the eng mode of the diagnosis?
Check the Hall Sensor by removing the control board P7
connector and testing for 5 VDC between P7-7 and P7-1. If test
is good, go to Step 6. If test results are not correct, replace the
Hall Sensor.

If you both replaced the motor and hall sensor and it didn't fix it, then you possibly have a loose wire terminal pin in the connector, wiring short, or a bad control board. Check all your wiring before ordering the control board W11050557

tmol: What was the fix for yours?

Jake

Blquine

Premium Member
so i replaced the motor but when i check the resistance of the new motor it only reads 72 ohms. is this likely a defective motor or could the mother board have messed up the new one that i installed?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, the motor should be closer to 105 OHMS.

Do you have the exact same model WEE730H0DB0?

Did you replace the hall sensor too?

Jake

Blquine

Premium Member
yeah it makes sense to me that this would cause the fan speed to be either too high of low. I did replace the hall sensor and next i am going to try another new motor to see if that will do the trick.

vve2002

Premium Member
Hi, I have model WEE730H0DS0 ( the same, stainless steel)
When I will choose bake or other mode ( 350F ) and push Start and immediately I have error code E8E0. Range ----- COLD!!!!
Push cancel, and after that the same if try to repeat all steps. Disconnect from power 10-20 min, after that it works, but the same may happened a few days later, no pattern.
What is it??????

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Well, Jeff and I went over what to check in post #3 and post #6 of this thread. If the fan motor and hall sensor test good, then the only part left that would cause this is the main control board being faulty.

Here's the parts diagram: Parts for Whirlpool WEE730H0DB0: Cooktop Parts

#21 is the main control board: W11050557 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

vve2002

Premium Member
Thanks!!!!!
ps. yesterday my son cooked in over and it works perfect, no error codes

Thanks again

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, I sure don't. I haven't worked on this model as of yet, and I don't have the service manual.

#21 is the main control board: W11050557 Cntrl-Elec

Click that link to your control board, there is a Question and Answer section there, they could possibly tell you how.

Jake

inuk

Premium Member
After struggling with this problem I think I cracked it. The topside fan hal sensor is made of a white plastic sheath with gaps exposing the black indexes. The plastic on mine was badly moulded having small thin flashes left from the moulding process. i scraped the flashes away exposing the black indexes properly and the oven have been great so far. I ran it up to 450 with 2 burners on high for several hour with no fault code. While I had it out I also cleaned the bearings and lubricated them.

IMG_7172.jpg IMG_7173.jpg

Drew-50

After extensively searching the internet for a fix on this, I wanted to share my own experience. The above post led me to this solution.

I have a gold series, ceramic top, Whirlpool electric range/oven. It is just over 2 years old. Right around the 18 month mark, we started to have problems with the F8E0 error. It was sporadic at best, and usually, if I simply unplugged the unit, it would reset, and work without further issue. However, a few days ago, the problem came back, and would not reset. Anytime the oven was heated to above 200 degrees F, the error would come up, and the oven would shut down. After researching this, and finding it to be a common problem on these units, I feared the possibility of shelling out $1,500 for a new oven.

I decided to take the oven apart and see if the problem with the fan was obvious. There is a great video on Youtube for how to disassemble the oven (How to replace cooling fan Whirlpool Range). The video is for a gas range, however, the overall design is extremely similar to an electric. After removing the fan, I cleaned it and oiled it. The fan seemed to move better, but was still a little sticky. I re-assembled the oven, but the problem immediately came back. In order to allow my wife to actually use the burners, and to avoid further frustration, I left things for the time being. The following day, I tackled it again after reading the above post. My design is a little different, and doesn't have the same cover. However, what I did find is that the opposite side of the fan, with the rubber membrane, comes out. I was able to pry it out with just my fingers. As soon as I removed that piece, the fan spun without issue. It was clear that this was the problem restricting the fans rotation. I removed the gold fitting from inside the rubber membrane. I simply cleaned both, lightly re-oiled them, and put everything back together.

Ran the oven up to 425 o F, and no issue. Just saved myself $1,500, or even $100 for a new fan. This might be worth a shot if your unit is fairly new like mine. Hope that helps.

20181121_141325.jpg 20181121_141346.jpg

N88

It worked!!

I created an account to let everyone know that this fixed my error code! I spent weeks searching the internet for solutions and my local appliance repairman said they don't service these types of issues. I also have a gold-series. I followed these instructions and removed the metal disk from the rubber membrane. The membrane is facing the front of the oven, opposite of the motor on the cooling fan. The axle of the fan is connected to the motor on one end, and the other end sits in the metal disk inside the membrane.

I removed the disk and re-installed to test. It heated up over 170 with no error code, except the fan was rattling and fairly noisy. I cleaned the fan and de-greased the metal disk and sprayed some WD40 to lubricate everything. It's been working fine with no error code for 2 months now! I noticed the fan was fairly greasy, so I suspect grease from cleaning and cooking gums up the axel and metal disk, restricting the fan speed.

The fix took less than an hour, and now I know it just needs to be cleaned and lubricated in the future. Thank you, you saved me from having to buy a whole new oven!

kitchenhoe

I had this E8E0 code on a Kitchen aid range, lucky it was under the year warranty. The fan part apparently had a revision due to this being a well known error so it is worth a shot to call 1800 number and complain before doing the self fixes above. 1 year warranty is bs, should be 3-5! thank you to all those who take the time to reply with helpful info because that would've been my next route!