• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WEE730H0DB0 Whirlpool Range F8E0 error code

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirmwareGuy

Premium Member
Had the F8E0 code on a Whirlpool WEE730H0DW0. Followed a YouTube vid to open the oven front panel to access the fan.

The fan assembly uses two cables. The power connector (larger connector, two thick wires) is a solid Molex-style connector. The sensor connector (smaller connector, three tiny wires) is flimsy and does not seat well in its mating shell.

Any time you have a cheap connector passing very low level currents (like this Hall-effect sensor cable), you are all but guaranteed to get corrosion on the mating surfaces inside the connector over time. When this happens, signal flow is broken and the computer board thinks the fan has stopped turning.

I disconnected, then reconnected, the small sensor connector four or five times, leaving the cable properly connected to the motor assembly. I then reassembled the oven, switched on the breaker, and set the oven to 170 degF. The oven came to temperature with no error code. Problem solved.

If you get the F8E0 code and the motor seems fine (spins freely, resistance across the motor is 100+ ohms), try disconnecting and reconnecting the sensor connector a few times, then reassembling the oven. This could save you some bucks and a service call.

Bluenozr

Premium Member
Had the F8E0 code on a Whirlpool WEE730H0DW0. Followed a YouTube vid to open the oven front panel to access the fan.

The fan assembly uses two cables. The power connector (larger connector, two thick wires) is a solid Molex-style connector. The sensor connector (smaller connector, three tiny wires) is flimsy and does not seat well in its mating shell.

Any time you have a cheap connector passing very low level currents (like this Hall-effect sensor cable), you are all but guaranteed to get corrosion on the mating surfaces inside the connector over time. When this happens, signal flow is broken and the computer board thinks the fan has stopped turning.

I disconnected, then reconnected, the small sensor connector four or five times, leaving the cable properly connected to the motor assembly. I then reassembled the oven, switched on the breaker, and set the oven to 170 degF. The oven came to temperature with no error code. Problem solved.

If you get the F8E0 code and the motor seems fine (spins freely, resistance across the motor is 100+ ohms), try disconnecting and reconnecting the sensor connector a few times, then reassembling the oven. This could save you some bucks and a service call.
I got to tell you, I used your fix (disconnecting and connecting the small connector) and I was able to start the oven with No Error - so far.
My stove is 3 years old and is way too young to have a huge expense.

Thanks for submitting your fix.

I also lubricated that bushing under the end cap.

FirmwareGuy

Premium Member
Thanks for the feedback, glad it worked for you.

I wonder how many people bought motors, cables, or computer boards that they didn't need. Oddly enough, if someone were to replace the fan, they would think the new fan fixed the problem, when in reality, it was probably just removing/inserting the connector a few times (in the course of replacing the fan) that solved the problem.

My oven has worked perfectly since I made the fix in June. When (not if) I go through this again, I may get ambitious and replace the connector with a Molex KK or similar, so I don't have to deal with this ever again.

Bluenozr

Premium Member
Thanks for the feedback, glad it worked for you.

I wonder how many people bought motors, cables, or computer boards that they didn't need. Oddly enough, if someone were to replace the fan, they would think the new fan fixed the problem, when in reality, it was probably just removing/inserting the connector a few times (in the course of replacing the fan) that solved the problem.

My oven has worked perfectly since I made the fix in June. When (not if) I go through this again, I may get ambitious and replace the connector with a Molex KK or similar, so I don't have to deal with this ever again.
Thanks again. It pays to do a little research and see what others have found and weed through the fixes.
All the best from atlantic Canada.

inuk

Premium Member
Update, Jan 2020. Same error appeared. Removed the fan assembly and found mechanical resistance in the fan bearings. Cleaning and lubrication solved the issue again. The motor has minimal torque so will not tolerate any extra resistance. Seems this will be a biannual procedure.

Endura

Hello All!
Thank you for taking the time to register and comment. I've been struggling with this issue - off and on - for 6 months. I registered, just to share my experience.

Short Version: Solved Issue with this part: W11107275

Detailed Version:
1. F8E0 Error
a. "Turn it off and on again" - reset worked! ...
b. Reset worked about 6-12 more times. But, failed more and more frequently.

2. Called Select Home Warranty
a. Tech didn't even test it - gave quote of "$800" to replace "motor, sensor & control board".
b. Select Home Warranty offered "$200" as reimbursement as oven is "too old" (3 years?!)
c. Cancelled SHW!

3. "Reconditioned" myself
a. Took it apart with this video:
b. Re-glued cushion - this had fallen off and may have been blocking the fan.
c. Used Lithium Grease to lubricate rubber fan blade holder thing

This worked for 6 months!

Issue reappeared.

4. Tried reconditioning again
a. Tried brake grease (safe for rubber and metal) - fail
b. Tried Silicone grease (safer than Lithium for rubber/plastic) - fail (also added WD-40 to all the metal)
c. Cushion was still partially attach

5. Bought & Replaced above motor - WORKING!
a. Plug adapter included (needed)
b. Motor looks like better design :)
c. Noted that fan rotates more freely. I'm feeling like the oven grease gummed up the original motor, causing the error "low fan speed".
d. Cushion not included. Had to transfer from original. Used small Zip-Ties to hold it in place on sides, as tape was weak (and old).

Hopefully, this will continue to work, as it looks like an upgraded motor!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.