• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WEG730H0DS0 No Display, No Nothing......

Warui

Premium Member
Model Number
WEG730H0DS0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi all. Once again in search of a little help with this one...... No Display, Not on energy save, no response from keypad, any buttons, no change with unplugging and plugging back in. Burner ignitors work fine. I am taking a wild guess that it is one or more of 4 different items but would appreciate any input so I don't have to buy all the parts!!! (Part 1) Range/Stove/Oven Control Board W11050551 / (Part 2) Range/Stove/Oven Switch W10728523 / (Part 3) Range/Stove/Oven Oven Control Board WPW10603098 / (Part 4) Ribbon Cable which I believe should come with the Membrane W10728523, Ribbon Cable looked ok visually but we all know how that works.... :)

I have the documentation as follows:

WEG730H0DS0 Tech Sheet - W10844271 - Rev A.pdf
WEG730H0DS0 Wiring Diagram - W10844275 - Rev B.pdf
KR40 Tech guide

I am not sure if I missed something in the docs but most seemed to reference error codes which I cannot see.

Thank you in advance!!!!!

WEG730H0DS0 Ribbon Cable 2.jpg
WEG730H0DS0 Ribbon Cable.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

First unplug your range from the wall outlet, then get access to your main control board and check for any burnt spots on it, look what DaveMill found here on his:

Here's the main control board for your model:
Control Board W11050551

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Warui

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

I will definitely check the main board. Burnt spots are always a clear diagnosis!

Will let you know.

Do you have the part in stock?

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I posted the control board part link in my post #2 above, click it and it will show you its in-stock.

Yes, let us know.

Jake

Warui

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

The contacts on the control board look pretty bad and corroded. Figure it was a good call you made.
Do you have the part number for the cable that connects the control board to the display?

Warui

Premium Member
Hi Jake, Control board did not fix. Still blank display, just ordered the switch membrane with included cable....... the only thing left would be????

I am guessing the corrosion that I saw on the control board contacts probably damaged the cable contacts?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I am guessing the corrosion that I saw on the control board contacts probably damaged the cable contacts?
Yes, exactly.

Yes, then the new switch membrane should fix it.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't know, does your tech. data sheet tell you how to test that part?

Jake

Warui

Premium Member
Unfortunately unless I missed it, there is no information on testing either part without having a functional display to show error codes.

And there is my problem!!!

Last edited: