• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WEG730H0DS0 Whirlpool Range - oven is having a issue where when I turn it on

ARaba81

Premium Member
Model Number
WEG730H0DS0
Brand
Whirlpool
my range stove which I had for about two years is on the fritz. The system for the oven is having a issue where when I turn it on. The bottom burners light for the oven the top burners won’t light but the electrode igniter will keep clicking and then stop. Then the bottom burners go off. When I turn on the broil the top burners will also light and then turn off after a few seconds. I have a whirlpool the model is WEG730H0DS0

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Here's the part you need:

rickgburton

Staff member
What does that part do
Controls voltage to the DSI board
is it guaranteed to fix the system
No, so do this only after the oven is cooled:

Press CANCEL>CANCEL>START within 5 seconds. NOTE: After each test, press CANCEL to return to the clock.

Press the number 3 or 6 keypads until “Faults” is displayed, then press the Start keypad. Press the number 3 keypad to navigate through the errors and see all the recorded faults. Write them down and post them here.

Press START TIME or DELAY START to clear all error codes.

Press the number 3 or 6 keypads until “Auto Test” is displayed, then press the Start keypad.

Automatic Test is the enhanced diagnostic procedure where the control tests all the relay loads and Input/Output on the control automatically and reports the failures and faults.

If no faults are detected, the control screen will read “Control good - No Fault Found.”

Open and close the oven door when directed.

ARaba81

Premium Member
Hi I just did the test and it didn’t find any faults but during the self test it gave a message check main bake wiring Position k4 p2-3 Or main bake burner

rickgburton

Staff member
Disconnect the bake igniter connector and measure the voltage to the igniter (on bake) when it goes out.

rickgburton

Staff member
None that I'm aware of. The connectors are marked on the board. If there's no voltage, replace the control board.

rickgburton

Staff member
Check the DSI board. Let's not play "what if" ....LOL It takes up too much time.