• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WEG745H0FS0 Whirlpool Oven Burner Tube/Gas Jet Not Aligned

trevor1189

Model Number
WEG745H0FS0
Brand
Whirlpool
I recently purchased a new home with brand new whirlpool appliances. I have Oven/Range model # WEG745H0FS0. The first time we went to use the oven, there was quite a bit of smoke, I shut the oven off and looked in the manual and saw that it says new ovens go through a burn off period and to run it for 30-45 minutes. After that, the oven ignitor would not light the gas. I had a appliance repair company come out, who suggested I replace the ignitor assembly, which was odd since it is a new oven. But, I ordered the part and he came back today to install it. Upon further investigation, he noticed the spark wire going to the ignitor was burned. He removed the drawer from the oven and noted that the floor was burned underneath the oven and that there was soot all oven the bottom of the oven. It appears that where the gas jet is supposed to go into the burner tube, the parts do not align, causing the flame to shoot out of the burner tube toward the bottom of the oven. I am very fortunate that the damage was as minimal as it was and there wasn't a large fire, but the appliance repairman said he has never seen this problem in his 30 years in the business and the parts should align properly from the factory. He offered to order a new gas regulator and burner tube with hopes that when they are reinstalled, they will align as they should, but he couldn't make any guarantees. I am hoping someone on here can share some insight.

Unfortunately, the oven is brand new, but I don't have the original receipt and I am not sure if this is covered under warranty from whirlpool as I did not own the home when it was installed.

Attachments

• Gas Jet.jpg
    Gas Jet.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Under Stove.jpg
    Under Stove.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 65

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its doen't matter if you don't have the recipt, Whirlpool goes by the serial number for warranty work.

But now your up a creek, they can void the warranty now that someone else worked on it.

Contact Whirlpool at 1-866-698-2538 and give them your model and serial number, sorry we can't help you here, this problem is way out of the norm.

Jake

G

Call Whirlpool safety. Explain the fire. The frame is bent in your 1st picture likely caused by delivery or instalation.

The tech should have not worked on that brand new unit if it was under warranty and not a factory certified tech and not charged you for the repair

I would leave that last part out when you call