• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WF328AAW/XAA Samsung Washer new Control Board shows E3 error

ggallant.tx

Premium Member
Model Number
WF328AAW
Brand
Samsung
Some of the buttons on the existing board will not work. For example, set to Whites and extra rinse comes on. Press the extra rinse button and nothing changes.

Even changing water temperatures in certain washes does not work.

Everything else works fine. Complete wash and spin no issues

Bought a new board. From codes on board it looks identical to old board

Install new board and washer throws a E3 error. It does start cycle. Spin in spin mode seems to work. E3 happens as washer is filling and it is about to start washing. I read a ton of posts about hall sensor and stator motor among other things.

BUT all of this works fine with old board. So why the E3 error when the new board installed. Called Samsung and aske for level 2 support. Told level 2 does not exist.

Perplexed. Is there some reset for new board I missed? Some voltage difference between new and old boards. Why would all work great on old board and new board throws error.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What's the part number for that board you installed?

Here's the OEM part number for it: DC92-00240A

Jake

ggallant.tx

Premium Member
thanks for the reply

The box says DC-92 - 00240A, but on the board on a sticker embedded in the circuit covering is DC92-00241A 9708 IMG_5845.jpg I did not notice the difference - if that means there is adifference

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
DC92-00241A doesn't pull up at all on our part sites.

So I don't think that will work.

Jake

Econo Appliance

Appliance Tech
Samsung changes circuit boards with serial number breaks. You cannot do an accurate Samsung parts lookup without serial number.

Using your model number only, I get two part numbers. Could be MFS-WF318A-T0 or DC92-00240A. You need to provide serial number to know which one is for you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Per your serial number, this is the OEM control board for your model: DC92-00240A

Where did you buy the board at?

Jake

Econo Appliance

Appliance Tech
Jake, where did you do your lookup?

I got a part # of MFS-WF318A-T0 for this version 00 washer. The DC92-00240A is only for the later XAA01 and the XAA02 models. The AppliancePartsPros site agrees with me, using the model # compatibility tool

Wrong control board.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Board was purchased from Samsung parts
That should be the correct board since it came from the official Samsung parts site, did Samsung say DC92-00240A was for your model and serial number on your machine?

Jake

ggallant.tx

Premium Member
Sorry I missed your post over the holidays. Yes the Samsung support rep indicated that it was the correct board but as I am learning there are multiple variations on the board. Does anyone have any idea why the board would be stamped with the number in the picture which does not seem to be found in any parts site I look at.

is there something special I need to do to initialize the board in the quick test mode? It is really puzzling - is this perhaps a software version issue - maybe the new board has a newer version of software - which I guess I can check if I reinstall the new board and go to the quick test mode - that somehow conflicts with other components in the machine.

Does anyone have access to a new DC92-00240A board? What is stamped in yellow under the board sealant for a number or code?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very interesting about the different variations of that board.

Here's it is at APP: DC92-00240A

At RepairClinic it is No Longer Available: Main Control Board DC92-00240A | RepairClinic.com

Which is extremely strange. But Samsung is having a Corporate shake up over the NOTE 7 fiasgo, and the exploding top-load washers nightmare!

I'm finding alot of Samsung Parts are No Longer Available now, and lots of Techs have quit working on them because of that, even their Authorized Techs have quit them.

Jake

ggallant.tx

Premium Member
Well sorry to dig up my old post but I thought I would share with you my success. As it turns out the board for this machine is actually 2 parts - a front board that receives the input from the buttons you touch on the machine and a back board that is connected to all the electronic components.

On a whim, I took the front off the new 2 piece board that was throwing the error E3 and attached it to my old back board. Simple process with several screws and some clips and 2 large ribbon Cables.

Magic! Works like a champ. I suspect the old front board was shorted by the constant button pushing on the machine. Literally it is a mechanical button push against a small stubby black button on the front board. Push too hard and I suspect the front board gets damaged.

Hope this helps someone solve a mystery

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good find.:)

That will help others, in case they run into this same problem.

Thanks for the update!

Jake

novicenikki

Well sorry to dig up my old post but I thought I would share with you my success. As it turns out the board for this machine is actually 2 parts - a front board that receives the input from the buttons you touch on the machine and a back board that is connected to all the electronic components.

On a whim, I took the front off the new 2 piece board that was throwing the error E3 and attached it to my old back board. Simple process with several screws and some clips and 2 large ribbon Cables.

Magic! Works like a champ. I suspect the old front board was shorted by the constant button pushing on the machine. Literally it is a mechanical button push against a small stubby black button on the front board. Push too hard and I suspect the front board gets damaged.

Hope this helps someone solve a mystery

Hi,
I hope you are still a member of this forum. I am having this same problem with my Samsung. We have the same model and I have replaced everything. I found one of the main control boards used with the same model number that you have and received an E3 error as well. Before realizing this piece needed to be replaced, I replaced the pcm and the drain motor. My initial problem was the machine would not drain. Now the machine will drain but throws the E3 error. I am considering returning the new part and purchasing a new washer but I saw your post and feel like there is some hope. I still have the new and old back board. the machine throws a E3 error with both. when you mentioned you you took the front off the new 2 piece board and connected it to your old back board, did you buy 2 pieces from samsung or only one?

ggallant.tx

Premium Member
Hi,
I hope you are still a member of this forum. I am having this same problem with my Samsung. We have the same model and I have replaced everything. I found one of the main control boards used with the same model number that you have and received an E3 error as well. Before realizing this piece needed to be replaced, I replaced the pcm and the drain motor. My initial problem was the machine would not drain. Now the machine will drain but throws the E3 error. I am considering returning the new part and purchasing a new washer but I saw your post and feel like there is some hope. I still have the new and old back board. the machine throws a E3 error with both. when you mentioned you you took the front off the new 2 piece board and connected it to your old back board, did you buy 2 pieces from samsung or only one?

My original issue was that certain functions on the washer would not work. You would press the button for say extra rinse and the button would not function. I purchased a new Samsung board ( my model is 2 pieces screwed together but sold as one).

When I attempted to use the new board I would always get an E3 error. Frustrated I just put the old board back in and lived with the functions that did not work.

I kept the new board that was throwing the E3 error and one day I was looking at it and realized it wasn’t too piece board.

On a whim I took the back with all the cabling connections from my old board and attached it to the front from the new board. My reason was that I suspected the front of the board was the problem due to some function is not working. It works great!

I do believe the reason that the 2 piece board was throwing in E3 error was potentially due to an incompatibility with my machine. My machine is a very early production run and I suspect the software on the new board was updated and would not run by slightly older machine Samsung wsd useless in helping me troubleshoot.

I’m not sure if this explanation Will help you or not