• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WF364BVBGWR Samsung washer not getting water, no error codes

Glen_S

Premium Member
Model Number
WF364BVB
Brand
Samsung
I'm getting some strange behavior with my Samsung front load washer. Yesterday we did a load in it, checked the clothes and they were perfectly dry, the washer went through it's entire cycle with no water and no error codes.

I tried restarting it, you could hear the pump start for a few seconds, then stop and the washer would start it's cycle as if nothing was wrong. I cleaned the filter on the bottom front, even thought I had recently done it, but it was unobstructed and it made no difference. Then I moved the drain hose up and down a couple of times and could hear water gurgling and the hose felt heavy. I tried starting it again and away it went, filled with water and did the load, there was no water left at the end of the cycle so it drained ok.

The next load I had to go through the same exercise, wiggling the drain hose seemed to free something up and it would fill with water, if I didn't the pump would go on for a few seconds, but pump no water, and the washer would continue on as if normal, again no error codes show up.

I thought if there was a drainage block it would give an error code of some sort, and/or not drain properly. I just ran an empty cycle and had to do the same drain hose routine to get it to fill, it ran its cycle and finished with no issues.

Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix?

thanks in advance

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Glen_S

Premium Member
It is up tight against a wall in the direction it lurches towards, I put some styrofoam as a buffer between it and the wall and that keeps it in its place.

After I posted this thread I ran a full empty cycle with it and put some vinegar in with the water, it ran good all the way thru the empty full cycle, then I ran another full empty cycle with no issues.

I'm away from home now for the week and just checked, my wife said it works okay on all the cycles (with loads in it) except the normal cycle. Which seems strange to me.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's interesting, I really don't know what's causing this problem.

Hopefully another tech. can jump in here and shed some light on this.

Jake

Glen_S

Premium Member
I'm thinking it initially had something to do with the draining, because if I lifted the drain hose and pulled it up a bit from the house drain I could hear gurgling in the house pipe and the washer would then fill with water when I started the cycle again.

However I expected that the washer would throw a code if there was not enough water or it was unable to drain or fill, and it didn't. If left alone it just went thru it's full cycle as if it had water in it, but there was none.

Glen_S

Premium Member
update - it appears now that none of the settings to the left and including normal wash on the dial (heavy duty, perm press, sanitize, pure cycle) will work, the cycle goes but no water goes in, and no error codes show.

Anything to the right does work, machine loads with water and goes through cycle.

I'm thinking it's probably a system board or something?

Will email samsung and see what they say..

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yup, that's likely what you will need then.

For some reason I can't get your model number to pull up here in the USA to see that part.

This is the closest I come: WF364BVBGWR Parts

Jake

Glen_S

Premium Member
Thanks Jake - I got a reply back from Samsung, which directed me to this page - Contrary to the instructions here, I have had the drain hose down below 6" in the drain pipe, for the entire time I have been using this washer (1.5 years), but it has so far not been an issue. I till trim the hose so it is < 6" down the drain pipe and give the inlet filters another check and clean the bottom on again and see what happens.

I'm still puzzled why it still works on some cycles but not others, however.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh yes, I see now. Yes, you can't have that drain hose down more than 6" down the drainpipe. Or the water can siphon itself out.:)

I remember going to a customer who had a Frigidaire washer, and hers was a lot more than 6 inches down the drainpipe, and she said the same thing, some cycles it will work fine, others won't.

I can't explain the why some cycles work, some won't, but I raised it to sit higher and never heard from her again.:)

Jake

Erik L

Did you ever solve this problem? I am having the exact same issue. Thanks.

Glen_S

Premium Member
Just revisiting this thread - no I am not having the issue any more, it wasn't a circuit board or anything like that. Been over a year since that happened and I can only guess it had something to do with the drain hose being too far down. But I still find it odd that it worked for so long with no issued before I did that..

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh yes, I see now. Yes, you can't have that drain hose down more than 6" down the drainpipe. Or the water can siphon itself out.:)

I remember going to a customer who had a Frigidaire washer, and hers was a lot more than 6 inches down the drainpipe, and she said the same thing, some cycles it will work fine, others won't.

I can't explain the why some cycles work, some won't, but I raised it to sit higher and never heard from her again.:)

Jake

Thanks for the update Glen, glad that's all it was.:)

Yes, its always been a mystery why it can work fine for awhile, then all of a sudden BOOM, it starts siphoning. I can't explain it either. And this has happened on several service calls I had throughout my 30 years as a appliance tech.

Jake

Maria A

I’m having the same exact issue. I bought it a year ago and now past warranty. We’ve drained the bottom, unscrew the hoses because the water won’t fill the washer. Any updates to this post? We are going to try to wiggle the hoses as Glen stated and see if that works.