• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WF395BTPASU tE error code - Samsung washer

strawb1207

Premium Member
Model Number
WF395BTPASU
Brand
Samsung
About 5 second after powering on my washer, the code pops up.
I have replaced the thermistor, which did not solve this issue.
I looked at all the wires for corrosion and don't find any issues with them.
When I run the board input diagnostic test to check the water temp, it reads 437 deg F. Obviously this can't be correct. The Celsius reading is over 500 deg C, which is also not correct, nor is it equal to the Fahrenheit reading. Would might be causing this?
I know it's a temp issue. I am just not sure what is producing this bad reading, nor how to correct it.
Any thoughts?

WF395BTPASU.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I can't locate the tech. data sheet for this model, but it should be in the machine, either in the console or inside the bottom of the washer.

Yes, it sounds like either a bad temperature sensor or bad control board. Without the tech. data sheet I can't help you, but it should say in the tech data sheet how to ohm test the temp. sensor.

Jake

strawb1207

Premium Member
Is the "temp sensor" also known as the thermistor? I replaced that. No change.

There are two boards. The main one in the back, and the display one in the front.

I am thinking I need to replace the display board (based on some online research). What do you think?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, temp. sensor=thermistor.

I show 3 results for this model, read me the numbers after the model number.

Model #WF395BTPASU/A1-0000
Model #WF395BTPASU/A1-0001
Model #WF395BTPASU/A2-0000

Jake

strawb1207

Premium Member
Model No. WF395BTPASU/A2

This is how it shows on the unit.

The part # I am finding online for the display board is DC92-00773N

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

Yes, correct. I'd order both to be on the safe side then return the one you don't need for a full refund, less shipping.

Here's the display board for your model:
DC92-0773N Display Board

Here's the main control board for your model:
DC92-01063B Main Control Board

Jake

strawb1207

Premium Member
They assured me it would be the main control board, and that they would refund that in full if they were wrong. So I went with that. It arrived today. Did not fix the issue :(
I guess I have to order a display board now. That's the only thing left it could be, yes?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Correct.

Jake

strawb1207

Premium Member
I have replaced all three parts. Thermistor, main pcb, and display board. Same exact issue. Wires all look fine by inspection. I am now ready to go out and buy a multimeter and start testing individual parts bc I dont know what else to do.
Appliance Parts Pros suggested possible the heating element itself, but if I remember correctly, that generally throws out an hE error code. I am willing to try this however, if you think it could fix my issues. Any other suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, having a multimeter is a must.:)

Measure the resistance of the heater. It should measure between 12Ω and 18Ω ohms.

Here's the heater assembly for your model:
DC96-01417B Assy-HEATER

Jake

strawb1207

Premium Member
I got a multimeter. I will check the thermistor tonight.

As for calling a tech out, who should I call? Samsung recommends this electronics repair company near me. The reviews for them are terrible. 50 reviews and 1 star, nothing but complaints. I don't even want to bother with them to be honest.

I think I am just going to have Sears tech come out and diagnose this thing. The only part I have not tried is the heating element you just suggested.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sears stopped working on Samsung and LG, so they won't come out.

Samsung has very poor support for their techs, that's likely why that company they recommend has bad reviews.

Another tech here named wildimaginations stopped working on them as well.

I saw this coming about 10 years ago, see the problem with Samsung and LG is they made a name for themselves making TV's, Monitors, and Smartphones. When they try to branch out into home appliances its a whole other industry they know nothing about.

That's why I always tell my customers buy Whirlpool, Maytag, Frigidaire, Amana. They have been around 50 plus years and know appliances inside and out.

If you can't this machine going, then I'd return the parts you ordered for a full refund, less shipping, then go washer shopping for Whirlpool, Maytag, Frigidaire, Amana.

Jake

strawb1207

Premium Member
Sears is scheduled to come out today, and they are aware that it is a Samsung washer. I don't know what else to do.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

strawb1207

Premium Member
Sears came out. Ended up being two wires that had no continuity. I just went ahead and ordered a full new wire harness... I didn't sit there and pin point/fix individual wires. It works now!!!!!! Will be sending the boards back now.

waashew

This little 6 inch piece of wire was my culprit. I’ve replaced the thermistor every 13 months when the te error code appears, and this time didn’t even test it when the code showed up. I just bought a third, but it didn’t fix it. Tested it and the old one and they were both fine. Played the Shell game over two nights and finally the old one just started working.

A month later the code is back. Thermistor is fine. Your post led me to the wiring harness conclusion. I had the old cut up wiring harness from the first sign of trouble when it was under warranty and the technician left it after replacing the motor, both boards, and the harness.

I traced the wire in it and found where it had continuity, but my current harness didn’t. I was about to just leave them top off and run a wire up the side of the machine, but decided to start sampling along the wire. I got lucky and my first cut in found continuity. It was about 4” past the connector for the thermistor before the wire starts running up the inside back corner. So I cut that little section out, spliced the wire back together and we’re washing clothes again. Thanks for posting your story.

You just saved me enough to pay for gas round trip to the beach.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    714.9 KB · Views: 194