• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WF419AAW Samsung Front Load Washer ND Error but pump works fine

NickBB

Premium Member
Model Number
WF419AAW
Brand
Samsung
Hoping someone can help me out. I consider myself mechanically inclined but this has me stumped.

Have a 3.5 year old Samsung VRT WF419AAW/XAA front load washer which is not starting ( Not filling with water and not spinning)
It is throwing a ND code after 10 mins of starting. During this time the drain pump is running (no blockage and impeller spins freely)
I removed all hoses from drain pump assembly to check for a blockage, also poured water into tub and the water is being pumped out.

I'm leaning towards a control board but would like to see if anyone has had a similar problem. Don't want to just throw parts at this and I hope I get lucky.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You may want to look at this thread first: FIXED Samsung Front Loader WF220 has a 'nd' error code

Then in post#2 Wild said this:
More than likely, some detergent suds got inside the water level sensing tube and blocked the air pressure flow to the water level sensor. This would tell the control board that the water has not completely drained out. When you let the washer sit for 30 minutes, the detergent suds settled out of the way and during restart, everything went back to normal. You need to make sure that you're using only HE detergent and use only 2 tablespoons per wash.

Run the washer once by itself without any laundry to try and rinse the excess detergent.

Have you noticed quite a bit of suds in the washer before this happened?

Other than that I would agree it sounds like possibly a control board problem, Rick did post the tech. sheet for this model in post #4 here: Samsung washer AE error message

WF419AAW Circuit Board Parts from RepairClinic.com

Jake

NickBB

Premium Member
After some searching online was able to get the washer into service mode. When I try a spin test it doesn't spin. Looked at the control board for capacitor leaks or charred circuit, none found. Also pulled off stator assembly, looks fine.

I guess my next step is to check voltage with a multimeter to see if the board is sending power to the motor during spin.

Jake mentioned suds in the tub. None noted, but would a faulty pressure switch not allow the drum to spin in service mode or regular cycles?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Jake mentioned suds in the tub. None noted, but would a faulty pressure switch not allow the drum to spin in service mode or regular cycles?
That's a good question, but I don't know.

Hopefully another tech. can answer that for you.

Jake

NickBB

Premium Member
FIXED.....
For someone that is having the same issue. I replaced the pressure switch on the unit, and all is fine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Nick for the update, that will definitely help others that have this same problem with the same model.

Here's the pressure switch for this model:
Pressure Switch DC96-01703B

Jake