• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WF419AAW/XAA Samsung Washer - 3E error (Motor? Pump? PCB?)

atropos457

Premium Member
Model Number
WF419AAW/XAA
Brand
Samsung
Hi everyone,

We inherited a Samsung WF419AAW/XAA washer from the previous homeowner when we bought a house. The machine is between 4-5 years old.

About 2 weeks ago, we started seeing a "3E" error during wash cycles. It would either occur at the VERY beginning of the cycle, after about 3 minutes of short, jerky movements, or else with 9-11 minutes remaining in the cycle. This only happens with clothes in the machine. It didn't happen every time, but it's growing more and more frequent. Initially, we could "get around" the problem by hitting the start button again to continue the cycle, but that's stopped working.

I called a repair service out, but was less than impressed. He started a 20-minute rinse&spin cycle (with an empty drum despite me telling him that this wouldn't cause the error), and then googled the problem on his ipad for 20 minutes. At the end (without errors), he said that it could be the motor, the pcb, or the pump, but there was no way of knowing which. It's like playing Russian Roulette on appliance repair...

This may be unrelated, but we also realized that the clothes were coming out FAR more wet than normal, even after a "successful" wash cycle. When I put wet clothes in a "Spin Only" cycle, the cycle completes without errors but the clothes come out soaking wet.

Getting a "NF" error as well, but far more rare than the "E3"

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

atropos457

Premium Member
As a followup to this:

I found a guide today that explained how to access the "Quick Test" mode. The water pump test ran for quite some time without an error, but the "Spin" test almost immediately results in an error of "3E3." This was with an empty washer.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

atropos457

Premium Member
Thanks for the link - much more helpful than any other documentation I've seen.

I'll see if I can test some of the voltages this evening.

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
Whenever getting an error “3E”—-it is necessary to test the STATOR ASSY from the MAIN BOARD *CN9* plug connector.

CN9 resistance readings:
Pin 1 to Pin 2 = 11.6 ohms
Pin 1 to Pin 3 = 11.6 ohms
Pin 2 to Pin 3 = 11.6 ohms
If the ohms are “off”—remove the plug connector at the STATOR ASSY and inspect for corrosion or damage (add a small amount of dielectric grease to the plug).
Test the ohms at the STATOR ASSY…
If there’s even a slight variation of ohms—replace the STATOR ASSY & HALL EFFECT SENSOR.
You’ll absolutely need to contact *Samsung* and provide the full model & serial number so that the CORRECT parts are ordered.

You may even have a broken wire leading from the main board to the motor. Check the harness for that problem as well. These models have been problem plagued for sometime and I've already suggested to my customers to call Samsung and fix this problem on a one time extended warranty they can provide. Otherwise, buy an Lg washer.

atropos457

Premium Member
Hi everyone,

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I wanted to provide an update on this problem in case it helps anyone.

After accessing the Test mode referred to in the link Jake provided, I was able to essentially isolate this to the motor. I pulled off the front top panel to access the Control Board, and also pulled off the back panel to access the motor assembly itself.

Long story short, I tested the resistance for every connector provided by wild above, but couldn't find anything off.

However, I looked at every electrical connection to the motor (accessed from the back panel) - unplugged each connector, brushed/cleaned it in case of any corrosion, and applied a very tiny dab of dielectric grease to each one before reconnecting. Our washer has been running smoothly without problems ever since. Hopefully, in the case that anyone else has this issue, these same steps can help - it took all of about 10 minutes, and I'm not 100% sure exactly what I did that eliminated the problem, but I expect a faulty connection to the motor itself.

Thank you, everyone, for the assistance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good find, glad that's all it was.:)

Jake

Mickeyb550

I'm not getting resistance readings when I do the motor check test on the main control panel. Would I need a new control panel?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you have the same model number WF419AAW/XAA?

You mean MAIN BOARD?

Whenever getting an error “3E”—-it is necessary to test the STATOR ASSY from the MAIN BOARD *CN9* plug connector.

CN9 resistance readings:
Pin 1 to Pin 2 = 11.6 ohms
Pin 1 to Pin 3 = 11.6 ohms
Pin 2 to Pin 3 = 11.6 ohms
Did you ohm all those Pins he mentioned to do above?

Where you getting the error "3E"

Jake