Status
Not open for further replies.

xlragtop

Premium Member
Model Number
WF42H5000AW
Brand
Samsung
When I use any cycle , I will get some variation of the problem I`m about to describe. When I run a rinse and spin cycle it will fill twice (water halfway up door) and drain 2 times and throw the 0E code (over fill). When I do the quick wash , it will fill to the normal level ,go thru the wash cycle and drain cycle. When it goes into the 2nd rinse it adds water, and acts like its going to wash ,but then it throws the 4E code ( no water). I have replaced the water level switch. I have blown out the hose coming to the pressure switch back to the sump area. I have removed and inspected the plastic housing at the drain sump area. After looking at the wiring diagram, I noticed the wires on the pressure switch were not installed correctly (fixed before I put on new pressure switch) . Did not have any affect. Is it possible to reflash the machine? I would appreciate any thoughts on this one.

Thanks

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I found:

nF, 4E - Water fill problem

Check/Repair:

The washer fills for 40 minutes or the water level doesn't change after 6 minutes. Make sure the water supply faucets behind the washer are fully open. Check the water fill lines for kinks and freezing. Check the water inlet valves. If the valves are defective, replace the water inlet valve assembly.

OE - Water overflow

Check/Repair:

If the washer is overfilled, unplug it to see if it continues to fill while unplugged. If it does, replace the water inlet valve assembly because the inlet water valves aren't shutting off water flow. If the washer isn't overfilled, replace the water level sensor because it isn't accurately detecting water level.

Hope these help.

If needed:

LINK> Cold water inlet valve
LINK> Hot water inlet valve

jeff.

xlragtop

Premium Member
I have unplugged the washer and the water cuts off.I have also checked the voltage at the water valves with it plugged in and they are getting 110 volts. I have replaced the water level sensor.

jeff1

Staff member
I hope you are correct as they can/will/could be intermittant.

jeff.

xlragtop

Premium Member
I found the problem. It was the control circuit board. I was hesitant to replace , but thats what it turned out to be. Thanks for the replies, I hope this helps someone.

jeff1

Staff member
Glad you are getting somewhere with it. How did you find the control as being bad? Just replaced the part? Tested it as being bad?

jeff.

xlragtop

Premium Member
After checking for wiring issues , and not finding any. I just replaced, because really it's the only real logic board on the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.