• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WF42H5200AP/A2 drains but doesn't continue, diag. stalls

swervehill

Premium Member
Model Number
WF42H5200AP/A2
Brand
Samsung
Washer was working fine (3-4 years old) and suddenly exhibits this behavior:

Upon start, runs drain, pauses, locks door, flashes "wash" light, runs pump a second time and then the numbers display shows a "rotating lines" sort of animation. It stays like that indefinitely. Pausing will unlock the door as normal.

If I enter the diagnostic mode, the pump runs and door locks. Then, it shows the same rotating lines (I read somewhere that this is it attempting to weigh the load). There is a pause, the pump runs again. Repeats. Lines animation continues. Never shows any codes. Pump, pause, pump...

I have the drain line running into a bucket to check draining. If I put water in the drum, the pump pumps it out as expected. Seems like it just doesn't realize the washer is drained maybe? Doesn't run continuously like the pump is grounded out...just as if it's doing its thing and doesn't sense it can continue.

I have yet to open up the unit or check water lines (a bit hard to get to the back of this washer).

Ideas as to where I should check next? Thanks anyone for help.

Corrected model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
WF2H5200AP/A2 does not pull up as good, please recheck your model number, read it from the model number tag on the machine, its usually inside the door or under the lid.

Take a photo of it with your photo and upload it here.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

Here's the parts diagram for your model:

I haven't worked on any of these Samsung washers in my local area, but I did locate the service manual that may help you out.

I'm attaching it below.

Jake

Attachments

• WF42H5200AP_WF42H5200AF_WF42H5200AWA2-A2_SM.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 48

swervehill

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake. Having the service manual and diagram should prove useful once I can figure out how to attack the issue. Since I don't get any error codes, it's a bit hard to tell what might be the issue. I think I'll check the water lines and see if I can see anything that might be disturbing any sensors, etc.

Was hoping that someone had seen this sort of issue in the past.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hopefully another member or tech that has seen this issue can shed some light on it for us, I will leave this thread open so others can reply too.:)

Jake

swervehill

Premium Member
In case anyone else has this issue, maybe this is helpful:

I disconnected the water and took off the top and ran the diagnostics again. I wiggled the line from the water level sensor a little. It ran a complete diagnostic with no issues. All back to normal after many attempts to get this working...

SO...one of these things happened to resolve the issue (at least for now):
- moving the washer (I had to do a bit of jostling to get this unit moved (up in a cabinet, etc.)...maybe that helped
- removing water lines (taking pressure off the system may have helped)
- wiggling that level sensor line
- taking the thing apart (a large percentage of the things I've fixed in my life were fixed by simply taking them apart and putting them back together again...go figure)

Mystery not solved, but washer back in service.