• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WF45H6300AG Samsung Washer Stops Mid Cycle

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, I don't know what else it could be that's causing it, unless you have a loose wire connector, check the wire connectors to make sure the metal pins are not bent or backing out.

Jake

Oakstone

Premium Member
I did disconnect all the wiring going to the pcb and reconnected it. We were able to limp through two cycles, needing to hit start again partway through when it stopped, but now it’s not doing anything but filling and sitting there.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That is strange, I'm puzzled too, hopefully another tech. or member that's run into this issue can shed some light on it for us.

Jake

scubastevexj

I did disconnect all the wiring going to the pcb and reconnected it. We were able to limp through two cycles, needing to hit start again partway through when it stopped, but now it’s not doing anything but filling and sitting there.
I don't know if this will help, but our machine was basically doing the exact same as yours. I purchased a flange/shaft assembly as I suspected my washer had a broken spider arm as it was running occasionally stalling with heavier loads but would reset and continue sometimes. It finally stopped spinning all together and it sounded funky when spinning the drum and would not spin during the test mode at all. Upon disassembly the existing shaft and arms were solid. I went ahead and placed the part as it was 7-8 years old and I got it as a 2nd washer for our basement utility room and was determined to repair it.

So I had tested the stator and hall sensor and those seemed fine.

I should have started with a visual inspection of the boards because I pulled open the Main PCB and found a plug completely undone. Likely it finished coming off the wires when i opened the case, but it was completely disconnected. I plugged it back in, ensured it was secure with the safety clamp/latch and double checked the other wires (visually as not it introduce any new wiring problems).

I attached a screen shot, maybe it will help you... but it was the top right / bottom left depending on orientation of the board. Wires were Red Yellow Blue White and Pink.

According to the diagram in the insert it was port 10 "10 CN9 Flash Writing Connection Port Provides writing Flash memory."

► CN9
1. 3.3V
2. RX_FROM_TEST
3. TX_TO _TEST
4. CGND
5. BOOT

I entered test mode and ran attempted to enter calibration mode, which the screen showed "Good", exited test mode and ran a 1st normal cycle, a perm press and several others now. considered mind has stopped working completely, I believe it was this wire plug causing the issue.

hope it helps, mins is running like a champ again.

-Steve

Attachments

• W45H6300.jpg
    W45H6300.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 32
  • W45H6300-1.jpg
    W45H6300-1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 32
  • W45H6300-.jpg
    W45H6300-.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 32

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Steve for posting that, hopefully that will narrow the problem down for @Oakstone and others with this same problem.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.