• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WF45K6200A Samsung Washer 4C Error Code

spacematt

Premium Member
Model Number
WF45K6200A
Brand
Samsung
I believe I have hit the end of my diagnostic abilities and I am reaching out for help. We recently moved and when I installed the washing machine and tried to run a load you could hear it drain, then fill, and eventually it dings with a 4C error code. I used the drum bolts during the move and was not rough on the washing machine during transportation, but it isn't working now. I'm an electrical engineer and not afraid to tinker with stuff, so I just started with general electrical diagnostics and went from there.

So far I have (in rough order of diagnostics after reaching the end of Google and Youtube help): 1) Confirmed the hoses are not swapped, kinked, blocked, etc. 2) Confirmed ~1k ohm resistance on the hot and 3 cold valves to verify they work. 3) Removed the top lid and ran different cycles and determined the hot valve never turns on, even when a cycle requiring hot water is required. I even ran a "tap cold" cycle which shouldn't require any hot water at all and still got a 4C error. 4) Swapped connectors from a working cold valve to hot valve and the hot valve worked. 5) Verified continuity from the hot valve positive pin to the control board hot valve positive pin out (wire shows <0.3ohm resistance) so the wire harness to the valve is OK. 6) Assumed the main control board was bad so I purchased a new one and installed that this afternoon. Same issue - 4C error. 7) Found a service manual for roughly the same model and entered into the diagnostic menu. I ran each manual test one by one. The washing machine failed "test 3: carry out test for operation of preparatory valve" with the usual 4C error code, but "test Ho: carry out test for operation of hot water valve" magically made the hot water valve work which confuses me even more. All other tests in the manual diagnostic test complete without error.

Any ideas or am I S.O.L. and need a new washing machine? What could cause the washing machine to not kick on the hot water valve for a hot water cycle when I've verified in the diagnostic menu that the hot water valve works when prompted? I'm guessing there's a loose wire for a sensor/thermistor that's throwing off the valve selection? Any ideas are appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Error code 4C--->Water Supply Error

- Foreign material is entering the water supply valve.
- The water supply valve terminal is not connected. (Wire disconnected)
- The warm water and rinse connectors are wrongly connected to each other.
- This occurs if the PCB terminal from the drain hose to the detergent drawer is not connected. Check whether the transparent hose is folded or torn.

4C.png

Jake

spacematt

Premium Member
I verified the first 3 items are OK initially. I have no PCB wires or transparent hose going to the detergent drawer - just 4 small dia. hoses from the valves and then 1 large dia. hose from drawer to drum.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's all the information I could locate on that 4C error code.

Hopefully another tech. that's seen this problem before can shed some light on it, its very odd that this only started happening after you moved your washer.

Jake