• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WF45N6300AV/A Samsung Washer - Water fill issues

jjacquard

Premium Member
Model Number
WF45N6300AV/A
Brand
Samsung
I have a samsung VRT Plus washer purchased in 2019 and it has just recently started acting up. We first noticed that after a spin the clothes where left soaked so I observed a wash cycle and noticed that the washer is filling with water when it shouldn't be. The spin cycle being the most noticeable, it will get into a high speed spin and while spinning the water kicks on and starts filling up. It will do this for about a minute, pause for 2 minutes and start filling again.

The drain pump kicks in and drains the water out but even at the very end of the spin cycle it starts to fill and drain once more. I have checked and replaced the water level sensor, checked and cleaned the water pump and hoses, checked all the water valves for clogs and resistance. Nothing seems to stand out, no error codes, self diagnosis mode brings up nothing...im at a bit of a loss.

I have a service tech coming in next week but if I can solve it before then that would be great however I am suspecting maybe the control board but that seems strange for a 1 year old washer. Its also just out of warranty as well otherwise I would just let the tech do their thing

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's a very odd problem, I have not run into that problem before on this model.

Hopefully another tech. that has seen this happen can shed some light on it.

Since its just out of warranty contact Samsung and see if they will cover it for 1 time only, or contact the store manager where you bought it and ask the same thing too.

Let us know what the tech finds out when they come out, I'm very curious myself of what's causing this.

Jake

jjacquard

Premium Member
Well the tech managed to come early and was in this morning. It has been diagnoses as a main control board issue likely due to the many power outages we have been having lately which could have fried something. Luckily it is only 167$ to replace and its something I can do myself so not overly bad. I'll report back if it actually fixes the issue. If it does not we will probably just buy a new washer.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes please keep us posted.

Thanks for the update of what the tech. said.

Jake

jjacquard

Premium Member
The new main control board was installed and everything is back to normal again. Still strange for a control board to die so soon so im going to go with a power surge must of killed it. I will be getting a surge protector installed shortly to make sure it doesn't happen again

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear the new control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Yes, I recommend a whole home surge protector to all my customers, I have one and its saved me from many fried control boards in my home appliances.:)

Jake