• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WF520ABP/XAA Samsung Front Loader Washer Not Spinning

carnau

Premium Member
Model Number
WF520ABP/XAA
Brand
Samsung
Hello Everyone,

As it says above I have a Samsung VRTplus Front Loader and it says motor failure. It goes into weight sensing and it use to rock back and forth. Now all you hear is a click every few seconds like the motor is locked up.

I am a GM Automotive tech and I have the capability and tools required to do this job I am sure. I just can't find any information on how to start the diagnostics.

Where should I start anyone?

Thank in advance for all the help. If anyone needs and car repairs maybe I can exchange some knowledge for knowledge. lol

Chris

Added model number

Last edited by a moderator:

carnau

Premium Member
Update.

So when I went back to it. I unplugged it from the wall and opened the front. Took out the cloths and plugged it back in. Drained it, then spun the tub with my hand. At first is seemed completely locked up. After it freed it up when I would spin it, it kept grabbing in certain spots. I plugged it back in and just did a Rinse cycle. When I did this it would spin a little then it would sound as if it were ratcheting. Like a gear popping. I removed it from the wall again, Took off the back and removed the Rotor. I don't see anything broken inside the Rotor or the Stator.

Any ideas?

carnau

Premium Member
Update.

Removed the Rotor and the Stator. After removing them, when I spin the drum, It still locks up in certain places. Maybe the bearing came loose on the drum? I think that's my next step. Going to look up how to remove the drum on a front loader.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You'll need to post the model number of this washer, the model number tag is located inside the door.

Yes, the tub should turn freely and no bind up in spots, make sure nothing is in the tub holes making it bind up, I see lots of small nails get into those tub holes and cause this problem.

Jake

carnau

Premium Member
Here is the problem, Now I just need to figure out what it is called and where to buy one.

Attachments

• IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    596.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0759.JPG
    IMG_0759.JPG
    346.1 KB · Views: 11

carnau

Premium Member
I think this is what I need. Is that correct? I looks like it.

removed hotlink

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That part you linked to is not compatible for your model.

That don't make the flange assembly for your model separately.

They say you need to order the complete inner drum assembly that comes with it already installed for you:

Jake