FIXED WFC7500VW0 Whirlpool Front-Loading Washer Drain & Spin Problems

adava

Premium Member
Model Number
WFC7500VW0
Brand
Whirlpool
We have a front-loading Whirlpool washer that sits in our closet with a dryer stacked on top. Initially, our washer wasn't going into spin mode, so when the cycle completed, our clothes would be dripping wet. We ran the diagnostics test as well, and it didn't come up with any error codes, and the spin cycle worked in the diagnostic mode. We read on a lot of websites that when this happens it may be a door lock switch problem that causes it to skip the spin cycle. We also read that an imbalance can cause this, and our stackable set is on wood floors.

Today, we pulled out the washer from the closet and attempted to check the hoses and empty them. We put everything back in, and ran the washer. This time, the spin cycle did start...?! Not sure why. But, it seems like the washer is still having some problems with draining, as it seems to sit in that cycle for an extended period of time - meaning that the clock on the front of the washer says it will be done in 45 minutes, but it ends up taking about a total of 65 minutes. It seems like it spends a lot of time draining, and a very short time in spin. Any ideas on what may be getting the washer stuck in the drain cycle, and why our spin stopped working and now suddenly works again? Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

adava

Premium Member
Update

UPDATE: The washer no longer enters high-speed spin mode again.

We've checked the filter, drain hose, stand pipe, and ECO valve (under the drum) and found no blockages. In the diagram above, there were no blockages in #10 (however I did not disassemble the rectangular part in the rear behind the drain hose).

When running an empty load on a Rinse/Drain cycle, the water in the barrel drains very quickly, within 20 seconds, but the washer then continues to try to pump out water for the next 8 minutes (even though there is no visible water in the drum) as the drum agitates in alternating directions as if it is trying to "re-balance" the empty load. The pump is powerful enough to cause the empty drain hose to jerk about behind the washer. Eventually it gives up and moves on; skipping the high-speed spin.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats very odd, like I said above I've never seen or worked on this model, so unfortunately I'm clueless to why this is happening.

Hopefully another tech. thats seen this problem before can assist you, or contact Whirlpool to come out.

Jake

Gallifrey

Premium Member
I am having a nearly identical problem with the same washer. Did a diagnostic and goes through fine including high spin but will not go to high spin on any of the wash cycles. The clock also stops even though the cycle seems to continue fine (all except high speed). Sometimes it will just stop at 6 minutes left and then eventually (after a long time) it will go to "end". Searched other forums and one person indicated motor control unit may need replacing.

Initially I checked the drain and pulled out some coins and guitar picks and thought that was the problem but it's completely clear now and above still happening.

I'd appreciate it if you'd post whatever solved your issue when you figure it out. Trying to avoid a service call since we live in a remote area and it's very expensive even to get someone to take a look.
Thanks!

Gallifrey

Premium Member
I fixed my washer!

First took out the drain filter (as indicated below) and cleared coins but still no high speed.

Removed the hose from the pressure switch.
Then I took off the front panel, took off pressure switch and removed hose from it. I also disconnected the white plastic part (no idea what it's called but it's to the right of the temperature sensor in page 4-1 of the diagram here:
Dropbox - 8178738 L-83 Whirlpool 2008 24 inch Front-Loading Automatic Washer.pdf

There was a seal on that. it looked a little twisted but not sure. I blew in the hose . Put seal and plastic bit back. reconnected hose to pressure switch and put pressure switch back on.

Put panel back and tried it and worked like a charm.
Have done loads of laundry and no issues, high spin working like it should.
Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job Gallifrey.:)

Thanks for the update to help others.:)

Jake

slewis

Premium Member
Gallifrey,
I have tried everything. Expect what you detailed above. Anyway you can email me the .pdf of the diagram to slewis7399@gmail.com, the link above is not working?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi slewis,

I updated that link in post #6 It will work for you now.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome.:)

Jake

slewis

Premium Member
Curious

I fixed my washer!

First took out the drain filter (as indicated below) and cleared coins but still no high speed.

On another forum I found a post re cleaning the hose from the pressure switch.
I took off the front panel, took off pressure switch and removed hose from it. I also disconnected the white plastic part (no idea what it's called but it's to the right of the temperature sensor in page 4-1 of the diagram here:
Dropbox - 8178738 L-83 Whirlpool 2008 24 inch Front-Loading Automatic Washer.pdf

There was a seal on that. it looked a little twisted but not sure. I blew in the hose as was recommended on other forum. Put seal and plastic bit back. reconnected hose to pressure switch and put pressure switch back on.
Put panel back and tried it and worked like a charm.
Have done loads of laundry and no issues, high spin working like it should.
Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Just wondering if your washer is still working properly (going into the fast spin)? I have removed the pressure switch and blew compressed air into the hose and reassembled, to no avail.

pjstock

Premium Member
I'm facing this. Machine doesn't seem to spin. it ends the cycle but the clothes are soaked.
I have removed and checked the pump (no obstructions) and pulled the tube on the pressure sensor (as suggested by another poster) but it sill winds up with loads of excess water. Not in the tub itself but in the clothes and at pump level (when you open the drain hatch, about 4C of water flows out.)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi PJ,

What's the model number of your washer? Is it WFC7500VW0?

When it drains pull the drain hose up from the drain pipe and watch how fast the water pumps out, it should pump out extremely fast.

If that's fine, then remove the MCU and check for any burnt spots on the circuit board.

Here's the MCU for your model:
Motor Control Board WPW10192965

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, thanks.

Your model uses the exact same MCU.

Jake