• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WFE540H0ES1 Whirlpool range F9E0 error code

Brianswensen

Premium Member
Model Number
WFE540H0ES1
Brand
Whirlpool
I'm getting the F9E0 error code on a Whirlpool range. This happened right after a power failure. I'm getting 240 VAC between L1 and L2 and 120 VAC between L1 and N, L2 and N at the terminal block on the range. It seems like all power coming in is fine. I'm also getting 16 ohms for the bake element. According to the tech sheet I shouldn't be getting this error if everything checks out. Am I looking at the control board at this point? Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Brian,

F9E0=Mis-wired house or range

1. Verify failure by displaying diagnostics mode screen (see “Diagnostics Mode for Maxwell Control” section). Press the TEMP/TIME “+” or “-” keypads or the Number 3 or 6 keypads, depending on the model, until “Faults” is displayed. Press START to verify codes. If failure displayed does match, then continue.
2. Unplug range or disconnect power.
3. Check wires and connectors between control board (P6) and power cord.
4. Check that the L1-L2-N wiring (pigtail) from the wall outlet is correctly connected to the range. Have a qualified electrician verify that the house wiring is wired properly between the circuit breaker panel and the wall outlet.
5. Verify wires and connectors between the Maxwell connector P6 and the power cord.
6. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
7. Plug in range or reconnect power.
8. Press CANCEL/OFF key, program and start the Clean mode, and observe for 1 minute to ensure that operation is normal.
9. Verify operation is normal. Go to diagnostics screen and verify that there are no fault codes.
10. Press DELAY START to clear the fault code.

Have you done all that?

Jake

Brianswensen

Premium Member
The tech sheet in the oven is a little different, and doesn't have the step 3 check (check P6). I see where they are going with this though. It looks like if I don't have power to the board it's a wire harness issue, and if I do get power it's a board problem. Is that right? I will be back at the customer's house to check that P6 connector and let you know what I find. Thanks for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Brian, that's the only part it can be is the control board acting up if the voltage and wiring are fine.

Here's the clock oven control board for your model:
Oven Control Board WPW10586737

Jake