• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WFG515S0ES0 Bake will not maintain temp, but Broil will.

Jonis326

Premium Member
Model Number
WFG515S0ES0
Brand
Whirlpool
About a month ago my gas range decided it wasn't wanting to bake anymore. At first it wouldn't even get to temp set, but the temperature would freeze on the display:

Set to: 350
Freeze:~260

I did a little bit of research and found from a couple sources it could have been the igniter? So I changed it. Now it will hit 350, but will not re-ignite to maintain temp. When I do this for broil, it will hit and maintain that temp. another reason why I thought it may be the igniter, but I am still having the temp freeze on the display and no re-ignition to maintain the bake temp. Now I am not sure if the control board is actually made so it will count down temp... It may only count up as you would rarely find yourself in the circumstance where you would need to accurately see the rise and fall of temp.

PLEASE tell me this is an easier fix than I am expecting (circuit board that is $400). I might as well buy a new range for that!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check the oven sensor resistance. It should be 1100Ω at room temperature.

Jonis326

Premium Member
Alright thanks. I'll remove it and take it to work tonight to check it. Don't have a home multimeter... yet

rickgburton

Staff member
If you're going to repair anything electrical a DMM is a must. If you've never used one take the time to learn how it works. This one is less than $20
Snapshot_1.jpg

Jonis326

Premium Member
I'm an aircraft electrician so I got them at work... I've just never needed one at the home before. I've been able to hit up work and what not to use what I need... My contract is ending soon so I'm probably going to need to buy one now, unfortunately.

Jonis326

Premium Member
So when I ohm'd it out it was at 1079. While reading it with my hands on the probe and it got up to 1098.

rickgburton

Staff member

Jonis326

Premium Member
Thought so... that's 400... might as well get a new range at this point. Thanks again for the assistance!

Jonis326

Premium Member
Okay SOOOO Update. I am still having problems with my oven. I am still unable to maintain temp. I got the circuit card repaired by https://www.therepairshack.com

The oven will sometimes go for a re-ignite but not always.... the video I have supplied shows the problem I am currently having:

After making this post I went to check again and this what I came to.....

AAAAND it gets even better! I went back to check the bread and re-set the temp and this happened:

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated....

Last edited:

Jonis326

Premium Member
So I walked back in there to explain to the wife what was going on and the oven was on (its set at 480 for the dutch oven cure). When I heard it on I realized last week I ordered Papa Murphy's Pizza and cooked it without issue. They cook at 425. So I don't have a problem with the oven maintaining and re-igniting above 425(verified). Not sure really what is going on