• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WFG540H0ES1 Whirlpool Range No tone

TomLilly

Premium Member
Model Number
WFG540H0ES1
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a range model number WFG540H0ES1. It is just over one year old. There is no longer a tone of any kind. No tone when the oven reaches desired temp. No tone when timer reaches zero. Now, everything else still works. The lack of tone began just over a month ago. It has to be a simple fix. Perhaps I shut off the tone when I changed the clock?
Thoughts?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Make sure the oven is cool or at room temperature. Press CANCEL-CANCEL-START. The display should show "tESt" or "tSt" . Press the START button. You should hear a tone. If you hear a tone press the CANCEL button and you should hear another tone and you're done.

rickgburton

Staff member

rickgburton

Staff member

rickgburton

Staff member
It's probably just a problem with the tone circuit. For example, the mini speaker failed. What it comes down to is, how important is the tone. For me, I can't hear the phone ring when it's next to me so no tone, no problem. I wouldn't replace the board. Then again, I probably wouldn't know if it had a tone or if it was working or not. Lol

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Try this: Press and Hold TIMER for 5 seconds and "opt" will appear. Use the temp/time "up" and "down" arrow pads to cycle through the options and then look for End of Cycle Tones "b1" (beep once) or "b" (continue to beep) will be displayed. Press TIMER to toggle through the selections. Press CANCEL to exit.

Jake