• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WFMC1001/UC Bosch - How much water should a washer use for a front loader?

mike Liz

Premium Member
Model Number
WFMC1001/UC
Brand
Bosch
Mine uses about a 1 gallon at startup then a gallon to rinse. I tried this on empty but it timed the same, with cloths or empty. When I try to wash a large blanket the middle is dry. Does the same on hot or cold. Do I have a bad load sensor switch?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Bosch along with a few others has made it almost impossible to get any service information on their machines. Here's what I can tell you; As a rule, top load washers use a total of 35 gallons and front load washers use a total of 13 gallons. The pressure switch determines, at predetermined points during the 1st fill if they need more water. Once the laundry has absorbed all the water it can, the water level rises, causing the pressure (in the pressure chamber) to increase to the level the pressure switch doesn’t provide any more water.

Mike L

Premium Member
I found this:
Mine only adds water at the beginning and when it rinsing. Maybe three times a month the clothes comes out real wet, is that the same part going bad? Thanks for trying to solve online. I do the same with cars. My daughter says today the gauge with TEMP. is all the way to the right now is that bad. lol

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Locate your tech sheet somewhere on the washer and post a copy here.