WFMC1001UC/07 Bosch Washer won't start

tseibring

Premium Member
Model Number
WFMC1001
Brand
Bosch
I have a Bosch washer. When you start it, the door locks and water starts going in. After that all I can here is a click coming from the control module. I thought it was bad so I replaced it with a new one. Still doing the same thing. Could the capacitor be bad? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

No, that capacitor is the interference capacitor, if that was bad the machine would be dead and nothing would turn on.

Since its filling with water and you are hearing a click from the control module, then I'd check for voltage at the electrical connector that connects to the motor.

--->Check voltage at motor connectors when motor should be running. If low or no voltage, replace faulty motor control board. If voltage is 120V, check motor resistance (when washer de-energized). If motor is OK, replace faulty motor control board.

Here's the motor control board for your model:
Motor Control Board 00675654

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You said you replaced the control module.

This is the control module for this model:
Control Module 00666537

So if you meant motor control board, then you'll need to check the voltages like I mentioned.:)

--->Check voltage at motor connectors when motor should be running. If low or no voltage, replace faulty motor control board. If voltage is 120V, check motor resistance (when washer de-energized). If motor is OK, replace faulty motor control board.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, so which part did you already replace? The motor control board or the control module?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Please clear me up, I'm still confused.

After checking the motor voltage, I found it to be bad.
So the first motor control board was bad? Then the 2nd one you just replaced was good?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL, a new what? Motor? Sorry I'm such a stickler on this, but I'm the kind of person that needs to know the specifics.:)

The motor shows to be No Longer Available: 00436478

Jake