• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

WFW72HEDW0 F3E1 error

sclausson

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW72HEDW0
Brand
Whirlpool
Hi! After reading several threads and replacing the Washer Water-Level Pressure Switch (W10448876) I'm still receiving an F3E1 error. While replacing the switch I checked pressure hose connection from tub to pressure sensor. Hose did not appear pinched, kinked, plugged, or leaking air. This morning, all of a sudden the washer produced this F3E1 error - FYI the washing machine was off and had not run in the last 16 hours.

I read another article that suggested replacing AirDome. While my model is listed my serial# is not in the suggested range.

Based on the washers behavior this AM, I am wondering if this a control unit issue?

Any thoughts or ideas on how to continue troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What is the serial number of your washer?

Serial Numbers:
Date Range - C436xxxxx - C532xxxxx

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes yours is out of range of that service bulletin for replacing the air dome.

Ok, do this, make sure the tub has no water in it and blow through the pressure switch hose hard, you may have a small lint blockage in the air dome at the bottom of your tub.

Then put the pressure switch hose back on and do a COLD ONLY quick wash with NO CLOTHES in the tub and let it run all the way through till the end and see if that error code F3E1 still shows up.

Jake

sclausson

Premium Member
Just wanted to provide an update. I followed your instructions and ran approx 15 loads with out issue. Then all of a sudden 10:30 PM washer starts making beeping sound and the F3E1 error code is displaying.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very interesting.

Do the same thing and see if it runs 15 more loads and gives you the F3E1 error code, if so, then you possibly have lint in that air dome that is trapped, and you'd need to try to get it out once you remove it from the machine.

Here it is for your model: (Video is included in this part link that shows you how to remove it and replace it):
Air Dome W10903220

Jake