WFW72HEDW0 Whirlpool Duet F3E1 error code

mwgiedd

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW72HEDW0
Brand
Whirlpool
I read a couple of threads on here about this error code problem &the same issues we are having; error code comes on at some point in cycle. If the power button is hit while the machine is in a cycle, the machine will just hum. It does not help to unplug it, when you plug it back in it will start humming again & I cannot open the door even when the machine is unplugged. I read 2 threads where Jake talked about a part (cannot remember the exact name now...something with the word "dome" in it), but none of them had my model #. Looking for advice to fix this problem in a Whirlpool Duet washing machine, model# WFW72HEDW0. The part # and where to buy this dome part would also be great.
Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). Select any three (3) buttons (except POWER). Remember the buttons and the order that the buttons were pressed.

Within 8 seconds,
• Press and Release the 1st selected button, Press and Release the 2nd selected button, Press and Release the 3rd selected button;
• Press and Release the 1st selected button, Press and Release the 2nd selected button, Press and Release the 3rd selected button;

If the Service Diagnostic mode has been entered successfully, all indicators on the console are illuminated for 5 seconds with “888” or “88” showing in the Estimated Time Remaining

If there is a saved fault code, it will be flashing in the display.

If there is no saved fault code, “888” or “88” will be displayed.

A momentary press of the 3rd selected button will display the next error code. Press and hold the 3rd selected button for 5 seconds to clear the error code.

The Service Diagnostic mode will time out after 10 minutes of user inactivity, or shut down if AC power is removed.

Post all the error codes here

mwgiedd

Premium Member
Rick, we did this and these 3 codes came up: F3E1, F8E1, & F9E1. We did take the hoses off the back & made sure there was nothing clogging the intakes. I believe that was one of the codes. Also, I do not believe we cleared the code after we did that. Thanks for your help.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The common denominator between all three error codes is the water level sensor. Check the functionality of the water level sensor by running a small load cycle. The valves should turn off automatically after sensing the correct water level in the tub.

Press START/PAUSE to stop the cycle and then press POWER. The cycle will cancel and drain the water from the tub. Unplug washer or disconnect power. Remove top and rear panels to access tub, air trap, and pressure hose connections. Water level sensor is located at top right rear of cabinet. Check connections from tub to air trap, air trap to pressure hose, and pressure hose to water level sensor. Check to ensure hose is routed correctly in the lower cabinet and not pinched or crimped. Verify there is no water, suds, or debris in the hose or air trap. Disconnect hose from water level sensor, clean air trap and remove and blow into hose to clear water, suds, or debris. Check hose for leaks.

Visually check that connector J28 is inserted all the way into the ACU. Also check that the water level sensor harness is securely connected to the sensor. Check the harness wires between the ACU and water level sensor for continuity. Plug in washer or reconnect power.

With a voltmeter set to DC, connect black probe to ACU connector J28, pin 1 (GND) and red probe to J28, pin 4 (+5V [Vcc]). If +5V DC is present, replace the water level sensor. (Before replacing the sensor, make sure that there is NO water remaining in the tub or there will not be an accurate water level measurement and an error code may appear. Drain the tub by running a drain & spin cycle with the sensor plugged into J28 but with the hose removed).