• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED WFW7HEFW0 Whirlpool Duet Washer persistent error code F3E1

Rusty tools

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW75HEFW0
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a question about my Duet WFW75HEFE0 washer. First - I got error code F9E1 -"long drain" and I resolved it by clearing the clogged drain pump filter. I also cleaned out the drain hose. Next...while doing the first load I got error code F3E1 "water level system error" about 5 minutes into the cycle. Water still in drum.

I went did the Quick Diagnostic Test and during C0 the washer will not drain - the pump is supposed to come on for 15 sec but it does not. I hear a quiet hum during this time but the pump does not activate. Also during C7 the drain pump does not work - again the quiet hum. The F3E1 code comes back up after the Quick Diagnostic.

I performed TEST #7 and then swapped out the water level pressure switch with a new one and checked the pressure hose and air trap - all good and secured properly. Then I performed TEST #8 and the resistance of the pump motor from the leads at the control board was 20 ohms which is within spec. Washer still won't drain and error code F3 E1 still comes up. So what can i do now? I suspect the control board... or maybe the pump is seized or has something stuck in it?

(I have not yet removed the pump but I checked the intake and water exit with an inspection mirror and they are clean.) I have attached the service manual from inside the washer in pdf form

Attachments

• Whirlpool Service Manual # W10602465B 04.15.pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check the voltage at the pump. If the pump is getting 120 VAC and not working, replace it.
whirlpool-pump-water-wpw10605427-ap6023357_01_l.jpg

Rusty tools

Premium Member
Fixed! Thanks for the tip Rick. Disconnected the leads to the drain pump, then put the washer in Quick Diagnostic Test. I put a Multi meter on the leads to the Control Board. At C0 and C7 during the Test I got 120v ac. So i knew the Board was ok and the pump was bad. Using a socket wrench with and extension and a 5/16 I removed 4 screws hold the the pump and then I removed 5 Philip's screws to disassemble the pump where I found a nail jamming the impeller. Reassembled the pump and put it all back together and no error codes. You can see the nail in the photo. Its FIXED!