WFW8300SW04 Bearing Replacement

wiarton willie

Premium Member
Model Number
WFW8300SW04
Brand
Whirlpool
Looks like a great site with a lot of knowledge here. I think the bearings are shot in the rear of my Duet Sport.
I was wondering if anyone has replaced the rear bearings and the seal with success. I do not want to buy another washer at the present time.
I am a auto mechanic so I am not intimidated by this project. I don't see why I have to replace the entire case, when the issue is just a bearing. It looks like the bearings are #6306 and a 6307. My auto parts supplier can get me some of these for $15 each. Just wondered if the bearings can be replaced separately.
Thanks
Wiarton Willie

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi Wiarton Willie, I'm sure one of the main reason the bearings aren't available as a separate part is because the bearings are pressed in. Not everyone has a bearing press. Years ago when I worked for a used appliance shop I asked the same question as you about a different brand and model. The problem I ran into wasn't the bearing or even the bearing press (we had a homemade one we made out of a 20 ton floor jack) it was the bearing seals. We could get the bearings but couldn't find the seals. I'm sure there have been a few people like yourself that have replaced them or attempted to, but I don't think you'll find a service tech that has replaced them. Let's face it, no tech wants to work twice as hard, twice as long, for half the money when just replacing the tub is so much easier. For the do-it-yourselfer it's $15 vs $200 and that's a hellofa savings. If you decide to go for it keep us posted.

Whirlpool 280251 Tub-Outer - AppliancePartsPros.com
whirlpool-tub-outer-280251-ap3970398_01_l.jpg